Pretty sure I'm a crazy bird lady already & that TSC is evil! Haha! New babies!

TheHealingIdea

Chirping
Aug 3, 2019
Maine
I just started keeping chickens for the first time personally a short while ago. Started with 2 barred rock pullets and 4 straight run "black asians".
So far it looks like I managed to end up with only one cockerel out of the 4 straight run, so go me! :D

Today the kids & I decided to stop by Tractor Supply Co, "just to look" and see if they still had chicks.
BIG MISTAKE!
They ended up having some black astralorp pullets, "fuzzy leg" straight runs, & 2 ducklings....
The kids & I must have lost our minds... Because we walked out of there with 3 BA pullets, 3 "fuzzy legs", and yes, the last two ducklings!
Oh man... Haha! :gig

On the plus side, the BRs and BAs from our last purchase are off the light (as they're brooding in my toasty little room), come when called, hop into my hand when I tell them "up", and are pretty content with just sitting in my lap. :love
So I'm quite optimistic that I'm doing something right and that the new babes will be hand tamed with minimal problems too!

Just can't believe how addicting these little peepers (and now quackers) are! :love
Why isn't there a warning label on them?! Haha! :idunno

New.jpg

Congratulations on your new family members! Adorable!

Thanks! They were way too cute, and different than what I had, to pass up! Haha!

Oh my, those are cute. That's why I avoid TSC like the plague when they have chicks. That darn ole chicken math.

HAHAHA! When the kids and I left, we said "We shouldn't have gone in! We need to stay away!" And the chick days still have a month left! (If I don't buy them all out....) :lau

CUTE!!

Pffffft !! No one reads those warning labels anyway.
:gig

I know what you're "fuzzy legs" are. :p
I ain't telling though. I don't want to ruin the fun!

OH! Please tell me! I was just going to go annoy the new babes for a better pic to post in the "What breed is this" forum!
I know my "black asians" are mutts, figured these "fuzzy legs" (that's actually what the TSC sign said, quotations and all) were mutts too. :lol:

Thanks! They were way too cute, and different than what I had, to pass up! Haha!

HAHAHA! When the kids and I left, we said "We shouldn't have gone in! We need to stay away!" And the chick days still have a month left! (If I don't buy them all out....) :lau

OH! Please tell me! I was just going to go annoy the new babes for a better pic to post in the "What breed is this" forum!
I know my "black asians" are mutts, figured these "fuzzy legs" (that's actually what the TSC sign said, quotations and all) were mutts too. :lol:

Go ahead and get a couple more pictures of those fuzzy ones to be sure.

I have been wrong before. ;) we just won't tell my hubby I admitted it. :lau

Back
Top Bottom