Probably not a topic anyone wants to think about... But just curious

Quote:
Cast-away, Where a airplane crashed and he floated to the island for 5? years. and made a friend out of a volley ball he named Wilson. I have it
tongue.png

Well..i want to be cremated, only because...i dont want to be waked with an open casket....because i just KNOW they wont get my make-up and hair right..and i'll never get over it!...heehe..sorry..
hmm.png
....and my goofy husband wants to be stuffed and set somewhere in the house...(.disturbing...i know.
hmm.png
..)..i told him.."now honey, you KNOW how i hate to dust!!"

If I die before the Rapture (hope not!
big_smile.png
) then I do not want a big deal made of it. I've told my DH if it I die before he does, that he is NOT to spend a small fortune on a casket... I would prefer a pine box (no kidding!) since I'm not going to be in whatever kind of box my body is put in anyway.
smile.png

Quote:
My take is that funerals are for funeral homes to make lots of money by preying on the grief of those left, trying to make them feel guilty if thousands of dollars are not spent.

I have some songs picked out....Annie Lennox ,Pink Floyd, couple others have to find my notes...plus my friend is going to sing...even if she's old and senile !!! and I would like my favourite songs from all my life time playing in the background...starting with "Puff the magic Dragon" and" the lion sleeps tonite"...Im a Leo.... I would like a closed coffin and a board of photo's with pictures from all my life..I have some saved up..still being a mom making my kids lives easier....even when I am dead !.......I would like to be cremated....dont know where I want to be placed....Rocky Mountains...Sherway Gardens ( a shopping mall outside of Toronto) ....AND the most important thing THAT all my family and friends know is I DONT want any cut flowers at my funeral....NOT one!!!! It makes me ill just thinking about how much MONEY people waste on flower arrangements..This past summer we went to a funeral a father died leaving a stay at home mom and three young kids. one with a disability.....there must have been $1500.00 worth of cut flowers there...frig was I mad..most of there close friends gave her money or gift certificates instead....the friend that died didnt even like flowers unless they were painted on a harley ...MAYBE>>>>haha!!!...I will have a note saying in the obituary(SP) that I will come back and HAUNT you if you waste your money on flowers that will be dead in two or three days....grrrrrr......I would like people to buy a plant/tree for their yard or donate money to a charity....my motto is let me know now how much you care...not when I am gone....

do you know why there are flowers at a funeral?? because way back they did not embalm bodies and the flowers helped cover up the stench of the corpse..

Cremate me and give the chickens something to dust bathe in!
big_smile.png

Its so darn cold here - start the fire NOW

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom