Problem for over than 2months with broody hen

Mark94

Songster
Apr 8, 2018
Montenegro
Hey y'all hope you all doing well!
So I have been experiencing some problems with my RRI, she's been broody for over than 2 months... The problem is she doesn't want to sit on eggs during the day, she's just moving around with other hens and making those weird sounds, I noticed that she only wants to sit on eggs when it's night. Every time I try to collect eggs under her, she goes all fluffy and makes those weird sounds and I literally have to push her up, remove her in order to collect eggs. I tried moving her in a separate area, but she doesn't want to be there. Anyone can come up with some ideas or smt that could help me out? I do wanna have little chicks but she's making it so hard with this kind of a behaviour.

When you collect the eggs and shoo her off of the nest and out of the coop, shut the door behind her. It may take watching the other hens to see when they want access to the nesting boxes or you could just let them lay in the run but you'll have to be watchful to get their eggs.

You will probably have to do this for several days -- maybe longer because she's already spent so much time being broody. But she will give up if she can't get to the nests and eggs.

Hey y'all hope you all doing well!
So I have been experiencing some problems with my RRI, she's been broody for over than 2 months... The problem is she doesn't want to sit on eggs during the day, she's just moving around with other hens and making those weird sounds, I noticed that she only wants to sit on eggs when it's night. Every time I try to collect eggs under her, she goes all fluffy and makes those weird sounds and I literally have to push her up, remove her in order to collect eggs. I tried moving her in a separate area, but she doesn't want to be there. Anyone can come up with some ideas or smt that could help me out? I do wanna have little chicks but she's making it so hard with this kind of a behaviour.
Is she currently laying eggs?

She doesn't sound broody to me... she sounds like she found a way to avoid roost time antics and just chooses to sleep in a box. Re move her to the roost every night.... Is she pooing in the nest over night or holding it?

Broody breaker... a wire bottom kennel with NO bedding access. A very useful tool. You won't get any chicks with that kind of behavior and she wouldn't be allowed to sit unless she improved. I think you have a faker. :confused:

Is she currently laying eggs?

She doesn't sound broody to me... she sounds like she found a way to avoid roost time antics and just chooses to sleep in a box. Re move her to the roost every night.... Is she pooing in the nest over night or holding it?

Broody breaker... a wire bottom kennel with NO bedding access. A very useful tool. You won't get any chicks with that kind of behavior and she wouldn't be allowed to sit unless she improved. I think you have a faker. :confused:
Might be a good idea... I dont wanna waste eggs on nothing, don't want them to go bad... thanks for an advice! I had a RRI going broody before and she was a very dedicated mom, this one is not even close to it. :D

Back
Top Bottom