problem with 1 of my 7 weekers

AmyTx101

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 11, 2012
my 7 weekers have been in their coop run for 2 days now an they love it.. but went outside and noticed a red blood spot on the back of one of my hens.. so i kept my eye on it went and made dinner and came back and either she is pulling out her feathers or another chicken is.. Cluck Norris who i assume is a male silkie picks on everybody trying to play. so I have pulled the 4 smaller ones out Captain Pancake is recovering from an ear infection and wry neck and Elenor is recovering from an ear infection too... Tater tot and violet who are terrified out there I brought them in too.. and now my little Hen.. could she be doing this herself the location is just too hard to imagine her doing it to herself.. I put triple antibiotic ointment on her without pain med in it.. will this be enough or do they make something to prevent pecking.. she looked red and raw and i dont want the others to start pecking her either..

Last edited:
Someone else is doing this. Take that one out and/or get some Blu-cote which will hopefully keep them from pecking that spot. There are other products at feed stores to keep a bird from getting pecked too but the horse medicine Blue Kote or Blu-cote or however it's spelled is the one most use.

ok thank you so much.. once its healed can she go back out? or if i get the med for her can she go back out

Once it's healed, yes. Separation is better than trying to just put an anti-peck stuff on if you can do it. But try to make it so she can still see teh rest of the flock if you can.

Back
Top Bottom