Problems with the new post editor

chooks4life

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
Australia
Hi. Hope this is the right place and the right way of going about it. In a nutshell, this new post editor is very buggy.

I refer to the three different post editors which were used in the last few weeks by way of reference. The earlier post editor was ok, the only issue I had with it was really my browser's fault. Nothing to complain about, really, all I had to do was post quotes in a pop-up box due to my browser's security settings which I chose not to alter. I didn't mind.

The second post editor, which only lasted a day or so, was the best for me but obviously must have given other folks issues, since it very quickly got replaced with the old one again. But now we're using this new post editor. At first I liked it, but randomly and without warning it produces multiple different problems. They appear to be glitches. Here's the few I've noticed in the last few days:

It routinely refuses to put quotes in the quote box, and puts them under it instead. I have to select and drag the sentences into the quote box. I don't use the quote buttons, but rather click the quote icon and copy and paste, to reply to someone's exact words. (I click 'reply' to reply, not 'quote' or any other button. In the post editor I write my post, not copy and paste it from Word or anything like that).

When I edit text from completed sentences, it will often select a whole character to delete, without allowing me to type between them. Correcting typos has become sometimes nigh impossible.

It will 'eat' the text before or after the edited character as I type. This doesn't always happen but is very troublesome when it does.

Another issue which so far has only happened once was the posting of a quote which failed to show at all. So I reposted it, and this time it showed. No problem until I realized it had made a whole page of almost empty space beneath my post, with a strange streak of pixels like a partially cropped line of text vertically running down the left hand side of the post. I could not delete this in its entirety but when I posted my reply it did not show.

I expect that if I'm having these issues others will be too. My browser is up to date and the issues have only started with this new editor.

Hope you can help.

I have this weird issue that is showing as so

The text looks all funky. I am using Safari. It does not do it on google chrome, but I'd much rather use Safari. Never had an issue before the editor was changed.

Back
Top Bottom