PROBLEMS with the POST OFFICE and shipping eggs? Email this agency!

I am so mad I saw the last post and started my rant, after reading what all of you had to say I see it was eggs and not chicks BUT it still infuriates me!
Back in the day they would say "service is all we have to offer" now it's that is completely gone. JUST HURRY HURRY, and rural carriers don't even get paid by the hr so that makes NO SENSE. Reform will not work because they are looking at the wrong end of the problem, reform MUST start at the top!

Ok I shouldn't do this, but this just burns me!!! I work for usps and that was (im sure you know) the standard blow off letter. What is going on now days at the postal service absolutely SUCKS!!! There is not even enough time in a day for me to tell you all the things wrong with what happened to you!! Makes me furious and there is NOTHING that can be done, as upper management has completely thrown customer service (other than lip service) out the window!
Have you spoken to your carrier? Why the heck would they DELIVER chicks to you? I work in a rural office, we get chicks on a daily basis, and we would NEVER take them out for delivery!! way to many things could go wrong in that scenario. We call to let you know we have the babies and most people pick them up, because of NUMEROUS reasons. Like we are not equipt to provide the care they need on the route, no heat in mail trucks, nowhere to put them that they won't go flying when you turn, or be smashed by bigger heavier pkg that goes flying ect. Thats not even taking what happens at delivery into consideration! WTH do they just leave em on your porch for any dog around to snack on! This just blows my mind and I have been delivering mail for over 15 yrs. Not to mention that they most certainly CAN track pkgs as they move in system (not as well as we should be able to) but we can tell where they are. That statement was just to try and sell you a high rate like express when you should not need it! What did YOUR postmaster tell you? I have already said to much but please let me know what your carrier and postmaster told you!

First thing, this was for eggs, not chicks, and I was sending them not receiving them. Second, my local postmaster does his job great. Never once has my packages failed to leave my local station and get to the main hub in Abilene on the same day as I ship them. It is at the main facility in Abilene that the problem lies. I have seen Priority packages sit up to 3 work days in that office before moving out. I have called USPS several times and they say the will look into it, but all that happens is that they send it down the line to my local postmaster, who gives me a call telling me there is nothing he can do. No matter how high you go, they just pass the buck, blow smoke and treat me like an idiot that is too dumb to know what they are doing. This time I wrote to the Postal Regulatory Commission and they just passed the buck to the district office in Fort Worth. I have already talked with that office several times. Each time I get the same line. "We are sorry for this inconvenience. We assure you this is a rare event and not our usual standard of service, but we must inform you that Priority Mail is not a guarantied 2 to 3 day service." I feel like screaming at them; YOU IDIOT, IF IT WERE A RARE EVENT I WOULD NOT BE CALLING YOU EVERY WEEK AND WRITING LETTERS TO THE POSTAL REGULATORY COMMISSION!!!!

There is just no honesty in advertising anymore. Companies can say anything they want and there is just nothing the consumer can do when it comes to the USPS. Now if it were a normal company that had to compete, Oh I would bring them to their knees. As a webmaster, I have created entire websites to bring companies to the negotiation table. Just last year I took on Sam's club because they would not refund my Mom's money on a 55" LCD TV that she bought their warranty on and they could not fix and were trying to pass some piece of junk off as a replacement for it. After 6 calls and getting nothing bu the run around, I warned them what would happen if they stepped on a little guy like me that knew how to weld the Internet like an atomic weapon. Did they listen? NO! But 24 hours later I got a personal call from one of the heads of Sam's warranty division begging me to quite bad mouthing them all over the internet and the next morning my mom got her full refund check in the mail. They are still asking me to take down my reviews. I tell them that my reviews are the truth and until they change the way they treat their customers, my reviews are staying up. I would do this to the USPS, but since they don't have to worry about competing, it would do no good.

Last edited:
Great and now I am waiting on hatching eggs that were shipped USPS Wednesday. . .

I should know better after my sister sent me a package two weeks ago (from three hours away in the same state!) that arrived three days later than the estimate. . .

I do hope I haven't just wasted money buying eggs.

To all you folks having problems with U.S.P.S. . I would like to suggest you write your Congress (person). Be "nice" and professional,BRIEF, just STATE the FACTS.. If you can get the name of the station manager (no longer called post master) that is beneficial. If you know of others who are having problems with the same P.O. ask them to write also. DO NOT VENT your frustrations just state the facts of your problems and ask for help in clearing the matter up. ALSO ~ Forget Priority Mail. Have EVERYTHING, eggs chicks, etc.. sent EXPRESS MAIL. It will cost more but in the long run from losses it is worth it. Depending on how remote your location it may still take 2 days for Express. BE VERY NICE TO YOU YOUR CARRIER, even if they have a bad attitude. You do not know the hell some carriers go through on a daily basis. signed ~ U.S.P.S. 26 years, retired. ( the Post Office is a very old tree with a lot of dead wood.)

Great and now I am waiting on hatching eggs that were shipped USPS Wednesday. . .

I should know better after my sister sent me a package two weeks ago (from three hours away in the same state!) that arrived three days later than the estimate. . .

I do hope I haven't just wasted money buying eggs.
Did you write the correct agency? I had a response and action from this agency. In addition the problem sorting center in Charlotte, NC then contacted me for tracking numbers. I just happened to have another shipment of eggs coming. That order arrived in 3 days from CA...a far cry from the usual problem of sitting in Charlotte for three full days. I emailed the complaint of packages sitting in Charlotte for 3 days and this agency was on it! I watch the tracking like a hawk and each time my eggs are stuck in Charlotte. It helped me. Just make sure you complain to this agency.

Contact the Office of Public Affairs & Government Relations:

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 202-789-6800
Fax: 202-789-6891

It
Got a response from the postal service. [SIZE=10pt]"Your inquiry to the Postal Regulatory Commission regarding delayed delivery of Priority Mail was forwarded to me for research and response.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Our research into this issue determined that the Priority Mail package with Tracking # 9405509699939690842112 was delivered on March 22, 2013. We work very hard to offer good service to our customers, and it is genuinely disappointing to hear about instances when we simply do not meet your needs or achieve our service standards. Our operating standard for Priority Mail is 2-3 days, measured from Post Office
2122.png
to Post Office
2122.png
. Due to the economical and competitive rates of Priority Mail we do not provide a guarantee like our Express Mail service, nor can we track shipments as they move through our network. The delivery period you reported is certainly beyond our service standard, and I apologize for the inconvenience you incurred as a result.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Postal Service
2122.png
monitors feedback from customers like yourself, identifying patterns that permit us to take corrective measures in certain areas. Despite your obvious disappointment with this mailing, we assure you it does not reflect our usual service and hope you permit us another opportunity to serve you in the future.[/SIZE]
Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Felicia Carter Manager, Consumer & Industry Contact Fort Worth District (817) 317-3626 **Your case has been investigated and a solution has been provided to you. Should you have any additional concerns, please return to www.usps.com to send them to the appropriate office. Please do not reply to this message.** " Funny thing is, I sent in multiple tracking numbers for items that took over 3 days. This email only addresses one of them and treats it as an isolated incident, where has my complaint email was about multiple events. The thing that really got me is the closing statement; "Your case has been investigated and a solution has been provided to you." Does anyone see a solution offered in this response other then, get use to it. Like I said, they are not going to fix anything and complaining does as much good as a flea shouting at an elephant.
is nice they apologize but that does not fix the fact your eggs could be ruined. I would love to order eggs from the mail bus am so worried cause of the problems I have heard about.

ALSO ~ Forget Priority Mail. Have EVERYTHING, eggs chicks, etc.. sent EXPRESS MAIL. It will cost more but in the long run from losses it is worth it. Depending on how remote your location it may still take 2 days for Express. BE VERY NICE TO YOU YOUR CARRIER, even if they have a bad attitude. You do not know the hell some carriers go through on a daily basis. signed ~ U.S.P.S. 26 years, retired.

Call me old fashion, but some of us still believe that lying is wrong. When you say, "Forget Priority Mail", you are admitting that the USPS is flat out lying about the service they are offering and charging more for. The solution to this problem is simple. The USPS needs to stop lying and promoting a service that they cannot offer. If they wanted to be truthful about the services they offer, they should promote Priority Mail as a 2 to 6 day service depending on distance. Nobody is going to pay 39.95 for next day service for a few eggs. We are talking about chicken eggs, not golden eggs!

Nobody is blaming the carrier for the problems we have been experiencing with Priority Mail. My observation is that the problem is that the district sorting center. Many of the packages that I sent could have easily made it to the destination in three days but got stuck in the district sorting centers for two to three days before being shipped out. I know that priority mail is sent via ground truck and not via the air so I think it is unreasonable to expect packages to go from Texas to Maine in three days. But I think it is also ridiculous for it to take 5 days to go from Texas to Louisiana.

The bottom line is that there are problems with the priority mail system. These problems will never be fixed if we ignore them and blame the consumer for expecting the United States Postal Service to faithfully deliver the services they are promoting. If all consumers would start expecting and demanding that companies live up to their claims, things might get better.

Yes, mistakes happen, but when it becomes a regular occurrence, it is no longer a mistake. The bottom line is that for the USPS to put up large signs promoting Priority Mail as a 2 to 3 days service, when they know that they cannot faithfully deliver that service, is flat out lying. We as a society should demand that companies be honest and truthful in the overt message of their advertising. We should not accept lying to be the norm, and we should vociferously condemn it when we find it. What we should not do is make excuses for it and then try to burden the consumer by telling them to pay outrageous fees if they do not want to be lied to.

Last edited:
Call me old fashion, but some of us still believe that lying is wrong. When you say, "Forget Priority Mail", you are admitting that the USPS is flat out lying about the service they are offering and charging more for. The solution to this problem is simple. The USPS needs to stop lying and promoting a service that they cannot offer. If they wanted to be truthful about the services they offer, they should promote Priority Mail as a 2 to 6 day service depending on distance. Nobody is going to pay 39.95 for next day service for a few eggs. We are talking about chicken eggs, not golden eggs!

Nobody is blaming the carrier for the problems we have been experiencing with Priority Mail. My observation is that the problem is that the district sorting center. Many of the packages that I sent could have easily made it to the destination in three days but got stuck in the district sorting centers for two to three days before being shipped out. I know that priority mail is sent via ground truck and not via the air so I think it is unreasonable to expect packages to go from Texas to Maine in three days. But I think it is also ridiculous for it to take 5 days to go from Texas to Louisiana.

The bottom line is that there are problems with the priority mail system. These problems will never be fixed if we ignore them and blame the consumer for expecting the United States Postal Service to faithfully deliver the services they are promoting. If all consumers would start expecting and demanding that companies live up to their claims, things might get better.

Yes, mistakes happen, but when it becomes a regular occurrence, it is no longer a mistake. The bottom line is that for the USPS to put up large signs promoting Priority Mail as a 2 to 3 days service, when they know that they cannot faithfully deliver that service, is flat out lying. We as a society should demand that companies be honest and truthful in the overt message of their advertising. We should not accept lying to be the norm, and we should vociferously condemn it when we find it. What we should not do is make excuses for it and then try to burden the consumer by telling them to pay outrageous fees if they do not want to be lied to.
Yes I later noticed and thought I apologized for the mistake of thinking you meant chicks, sorry I was just fuming at the thought!
Unfortunately I am going to have to say you are right on each of your points! It IS absolutely wrong to lie, however the "new stock" of management personnel usps is promoting is evidently trained to do it with ease. As they lie to customers and employees alike on a daily basis, and seem to never give it a second thought.
Post masters (maybe called something else in big cities but around these parts they are still post masters lol) and supervisors say whatever they have to say to get you off the phone or out of the office!
Express mail is just extra money that should NOT be needed, and it fails as well (only difference is you can make them give you the $ back when it fails)
You are so right about the issues at the plant, alot of problems got a whole lot worse when they started shutting down plants (consolidating) and don't feel alone, when our post master calls the plant to say we have a problem with whatever, they blow us off too! and usually get even the next day for our complaint! Don't get me wrong I know it is awful when you have to go to work knowing you are getting screwed over or you only have so many days till your job is not going to be there, but I am old fashioned also, it is NOT the customers fault any of this crap is going on! I love my customers and I take the best care of them that I possibly can (and get in trouble for it plenty lately lol) I suppose at the plant you don't see the customers so you loose track of that. As I said previously, I understand we are in trouble and I KNOW why, usps is just making things worse with the way they are going about trying to reform, they have got to start at the top to fix these problems but they refuse to see it and the customers are paying the price and I fear they are going to find that out in the long run

The USPS just needs to get creative and break out of their old mold. The fact is that the Postal Services primary reason for existence is to transport personal letters to every American home. The new truth is, that people do not send personal letters anymore. We text, email or post on facebook. The USPS cash cow is letter delivery, but that function has been tremendously reduced by the advent of the Internet. All I get in the mail anymore is junk mail. I don't even get bills anymore because I switched to electronic billing and autopay. The USPS needs to change from a primarily letter delivery service to a primarily package delivery service. The infrastructure is already there to do it, and do it better then anyone else. UPS is signing deals with everyone and locking up this market. I pay $75 a year for Amazon.com Prime and I get free 2 day shipping on almost everything I buy and overnight shipping for $3.99 if I need it. I live 30 miles from town and I buy everything I can through Amazon.com. I would buy groceries if I could. LOL! The point is, do you know who delivers everything I buy from Amazon? That's right, UPS. Why is this? Well, because UPS has signed a contract with Amazon.com to provide all of their delivery service at a reduced rate. USPS won't do this, so they are missing out on billions of dollars of revenue from package delivery service. They need to break out of their old letter delivery service mold and adapt to the new world of package delivery.

The USPS just needs to get creative and break out of their old mold. The fact is that the Postal Services primary reason for existence is to transport personal letters to every American home. The new truth is, that people do not send personal letters anymore. We text, email or post on facebook. The USPS cash cow is letter delivery, but that function has been tremendously reduced by the advent of the Internet. All I get in the mail anymore is junk mail. I don't even get bills anymore because I switched to electronic billing and autopay. The USPS needs to change from a primarily letter delivery service to a primarily package delivery service. The infrastructure is already there to do it, and do it better then anyone else. UPS is signing deals with everyone and locking up this market. I pay $75 a year for Amazon.com Prime and I get free 2 day shipping on almost everything I buy and overnight shipping for $3.99 if I need it. I live 30 miles from town and I buy everything I can through Amazon.com. I would buy groceries if I could. LOL! The point is, do you know who delivers everything I buy from Amazon? That's right, UPS. Why is this? Well, because UPS has signed a contract with Amazon.com to provide all of their delivery service at a reduced rate. USPS won't do this, so they are missing out on billions of dollars of revenue from package delivery service. They need to break out of their old letter delivery service mold and adapt to the new world of package delivery.

well said.

Back
Top Bottom