PROBLEMS with the POST OFFICE and shipping eggs? Email this agency!

Well on the good side, the tracking worked and they made it from Oregon to South Carolina in three days by priority. His American Game Bantam eggs go in the Binsea Octagon tomorrow.

Well look what I got from my favorite place to buy chicks from..Ideal Poultry. I only buy chicks once a year. I usually hatch. I got this a couple of days ago. I had already heard about it from a friend, but got my letter a couple of days ago.

The United States Postal Service is proposing a "Special Handling Fee" for poultry orders sent through the mail-stream. This fee would add $9.00 to shipments of 10 pounds or less and $11.95 for shipments over 10 pounds, increasing your total purchase price significantly. While they propose an increase, they do not outline how the funds will be used to improve the service they provide, nor does it offer how additional funds would address their concerns about; Protection of Postal Service employees, mail and the environment, or animals against death.

Please read the proposed changes and send your comments to the US Post Office. You can read the proposal on-line at the Federal Register:https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/24/2013-09603/new-mailing-standards-for-live-animals-and-special-handling

With no other avenues for shipping poultry, we need your voice to be heard. Join us and the rest of the mail-order hatchery community in telling the USPS not to implement this new rule. We have attached a sample letter for your use. Please, forward to your friends.

Unfortunately, you're spreading this a little late. According to the Federal Register entry, comments had to be received by May 24th. At this point, it would require contacting representatives and senators to get anywhere. Things have change after implementation, such as the rules that were briefly implemented that essentially made it illegal to own Muscovy Ducks, but it would have been much better had there been a push to let people know about this a couple of weeks ago before the comment period ended.

Unfortunately, you're spreading this a little late. According to the Federal Register entry, comments had to be received by May 24th. At this point, it would require contacting representatives and senators to get anywhere. Things have change after implementation, such as the rules that were briefly implemented that essentially made it illegal to own Muscovy Ducks, but it would have been much better had there been a push to let people know about this a couple of weeks ago before the comment period ended.

Oh I spread it! I put it up on other sites here, plus, I put it up on sites for around here in Utah. I just didn't see this one until yesterday. They didn't give me much time. I only got it a few days before the date was up, but, I had a friend on our thread post it a while back. So I knew about it, but was surprised my hatchery sent it. Glad they did though.

You know what you do when a company conducts bad business practices? False advertising? Write or call to try to try to resolve the issue. If that fails stop giving them business, tell or warn friends/family and advise they do the same. Use UPS and Fedex if the USPS can't deliver.

You know what you do when a company conducts bad business practices? False advertising? Write or call to try to try to resolve the issue. If that fails stop giving them business, tell or warn friends/family and advise they do the same. Use UPS and Fedex if the USPS can't deliver.

only problem with that is UPS and FED X don't work with live animals.

Perhaps they will get back into it if there if the USPS is going to get pricing like that. They may have been trying to push it all into Express Delivery anyhow, which is how adult birds have been required to be sent anyhow. I read through it and it didn't really seem like that part was going to change much. But it already takes me $75 to get something from back east. If they raise it much more than that, it will be what I can bring something home with me on the airplane, but who knows when that'll go up.

I had a box of 10 baby chicks sent express and USPS lost the package for 2 days and badly damaged the box, 7 out of 10 babies were flat with broken necks and wings, my 3 survivors were in rough shape but they've made it for 2 weeks now. Basically it all got kicked back onto my local postmaster who actually never touched the box until he handed it to me. When I called their district office I was told that as long as some of my cargo survived I wasn't getting refunded, I was unaware that they were supposed to refund for lost/late express mail. This does give me some insight into the way they work however. I also took photos of the damage and my dead babies so that they can't deny it. I didn't really pursue things because my local Postmaster is a sweetie and he was being contacted by the district office and being told that I'm his customer so it's his problem, since there are so many USPS workers on here is that how they handle there problems, by throwing them on people who share no blame? I don't want someone who's actually doing their job to be in trouble if I complain.

Direct your calls at the privately owned shippers. If they get enough calls and letters maybe they'll see there is a market. What is more likely to get results? Calling a government regulated entity. Or calling a privately owned company. For every complaint call or letter you send to USPS send a request letter/call to Fedex and UPS. Some say you will pay more for a more reliable service, Mention that too

Back
Top Bottom