Production Blue...age to expect first egg?

Mom2g3

Chirping
Apr 11, 2016
Eastover, NC
7EB040A6-469E-4965-9EB4-10EDF634E6BA.jpeg I have 2 Production Blues. When should I expect them to start laying?

I don’t know if you already saw this thread today
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/anyone-have-production-blues.1310639/

Mine is about 20 weeks and she’s about to start laying. I’ll never know her exact age because I bought her from a feed store after she was a few weeks old. The feed store said she was five weeks old but they also told me that she would lay big beautiful blue eggs. They said these birds were breed specifically for the blue eggs. I didn’t really believe them at the time and I knew they ordered there chickens from Privett, so I did my own research.
I bought the PB for some variety to my flock and because it was such a beautiful pullet. And, I figured if the chickens name included “Production”, it should be a good layer. We’ll see.

Same here! I figured I needed some high production layers with my other girls so I got 2 of them. So far they are very sweet and in the middle of the pecking order. One had a squabble over some frozen corn but that’s it.
I assume they’ll lay around when a RIR or BA would lay but there is nooootttthing as far as information out there about them.

Back
Top Bottom