PROFESSIONALLY Photograph your chicks for under $2.00!

Quote:
Oh I agree! There is SO many things that you can do with this idea as far as lighting goes. And bigger boxes mean bigger possibilities.

Just last night I was thinking about building a large plywood box with built in fixtures on all three sides to take better pictures of my adult birds.

The possibilities are endless, I just wanted to present the basic idea for everyone to share in! I hope to see a lot of people use it, as it is truly lots of fun. Perhaps that's just my artistic side coming out though....

clap.gif
Thanks for sharing. When we get chicks again I'll have to try this! (The adult hens would probably not stand still long enough
lol.png
)

Quote:
If you work with them a few minutes each day they'll get use to it! Start with just a few minutes, and handle them extensively as if you were taking pictures, and work your way up from there. My show birds aren't used to being handled when I first start taking them to shows, and taking pictures etc... but afer some time, and a few sessions of handling, they start to tolerate it more.

They certainly tolerate it, and they don't try to get away, they just have very short attention spans. The only time they stand still is when their feet are in snow. They're definitely used to being handled, but the little buggers never stand still enough for a clear picture. Though sometimes selective blurring does produce a fantastic photo. I will try what you suggested. Maybe I'll have some luck!

Another trick I use, is to hold the shutter button half way down. Push it until it focuses on the bird and hold it there, then follow the bird with the viewfinder. When the opportune moment strikes, CLICK! It removes the second or two that it takes for focusing...

Thanks Chris!

I was just saying to my husband I need to set up a background to take photos of my birds.....

Now I know what to do. I think I will use a flat color, so there are no shiny surfaces.

Quote:
Oh, I use manual focus, I feel it makes photography more of an art and a science. But that's just me. I use only autofocus for really fast-moving things, like small animals and birds (wild).

Back
Top Bottom