Project OEG Bantam Needs A Name

renegaderidgefarm

Songster
11 Years
Jul 6, 2009
South Carolina
I've been working on a new color OEG Bantam and they need a name!! They are a cross between the Fawns, the Chocolates and I'm guessing that the lacing is coming in from a Sebright cross a couple of years ago. I was working on a Fawn Sebright and ended up with a nicely colored dun oeg hen that I began crossing with a Fawn Duckwing OEG. I thought I had bred the sebright out but undoubtedly not. All is well, because I like this ones coloring. I have 2 hens and 1 roo from my matings and work. The hens are solid dun with some silver feathering around the neck and the roo - you can see in these pics. All are too young to lay so I'm not sure what will come out of this trio. I may try crossing the Roo back to the Dun Hen and the hens back to the Fawn DW roo to see what happens. What do you think?

36179_img00299-20101219-1521.jpg

36179_img00302-20101219-1524.jpg

Oh! I'm still working on the Fawn Sebright Project too! Neighbors dog broke into one of my pens and killed my offspring hens and set me back another season. So I'm back to square two - I already have a perfect roo - just need some perfect hens.

Last edited:
The color of both of them were the Silver is coming in around the neck of the hens and in those places of the roo is the Birchen pattern and Birchen also has that light lacing in the breast feathers so the color would be called Dun Birchen or since the Duckwing based ones are called Fawn Duckwing, I guess you could call them Fawn Birchen too.

Nice Job though.

Quote:
I would agree with the fawn birchen pattern.I really like them.I have been concentating on my Blue varieties and my Fawn varieties. I have the Chocolates, Fawn DWs ,Fawn Reds, Blues, Blue Quail, Self Blues, Blue Birchen, Silver Blue. I have 2 projects of my own I'm working on.I am working on a Blue laced Silver, and a Buff Barred. All OEGB. I also have my Opal trio I absolutely love.

Quote:
I would agree with the fawn birchen pattern.I really like them.I have been concentating on my Blue varieties and my Fawn varieties. I have the Chocolates, Fawn DWs ,Fawn Reds, Blues, Blue Quail, Self Blues, Blue Birchen, Silver Blue. I have 2 projects of my own I'm working on.I am working on a Blue laced Silver, and a Buff Barred. All OEGB. I also have my Opal trio I absolutely love.

??? These two are the same thing?

Quote:

??? These two are the same thing?

When I think of Blue Silver I think Blue Silver Duckwing, not Blue Birchin, so to me they would be different. Like in phoenix, a Blue Gold Phoenix is Gold Duckwing with Blue instead of Black.

Back
Top Bottom