Prolapse and dead tissue

Tried to draw what I mean...
Not sure if it makes sense.
From what I think it's like the cloaca came out with part of vagina and the red part is the hole for small intestine. Because where its black it also has a hole like thats rhe part that comes out and opens to let out the egg.

Attachments

• 20220305_154329.jpg
    20220305_154329.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 8
In the blue circles is where two openings are. The black area had an opening and is still pretty meaty and from the opening there is some fluid dripping. the other circle in blue where it is red that's the hole where poop and fluids come out.
Just a little FYI and a little to much info in the black area hole I was able to at one point but havent been able to in a few days because it "closing off" stick inside a prep.h. cream pen. (Like prep.h cream with a long nose to put the ointment inside)... so its not just dying tissue... it once had an opening... which is weird and thats why I'm a little concerned.
But she is seeming very active and alive... and as happy as a chicken could be in such a situation.

Attachments

• 20220305_193931.jpg
    20220305_193931.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 8
Are you still doing soaks daily? Does any of the scab come off after soaking and rubbing a bit with a cloth? Is a vet an option to help with debriding the black material?

Update.
The scab is getting really dark and kind of falling off, not completely ready to though, it still looks like it has alive tissue inside... I'm a bit worried though... the chicken is doing great, shes very curious about her surrounding and is active- eating, pooping and drink lots. It's become a chicken chase to get her to soak in a bath :) so she just be feeling good to run around (first few days of her prolapse she was just standing around and not moving much) so big difference in attitude now.
I am worried that this dead tissue is going to take with it the canal that lays the egg. In the picture everyone can see that the red right part is where the poop comes out, but the bottom black area is actually where the hole is that the eggs come out of.... or is not anatomy understanding wrong?
It seems to be dying off and the jig scab is going to fall off in the near future.
Please consult me on what's going on, does anybody know?

View attachment 3014331View attachment 3014332View attachment 3014334View attachment 3014335
I'd say you're within about a day of the whole scab coming off. There are two openings, one the egg comes out of and the other where poop evacuates. Depending on where the damage was, it's possible one or the other opening has been within the scab area. That's pretty much how ours went - a nasty meaty black clump of scabby goodness that left 100% healthy moist tissue to push back in. Almost there!

Ok, great! That's what I'm taking about. I guess the black dead tissue that's scabbed over is the opening where the egg usually exits.
She keeps picking it..m is that ok? Not sure how to stop her.

Ok, great! That's what I'm taking about. I guess the black dead tissue that's scabbed over is the opening where the egg usually exits.
She keeps picking it..m is that ok? Not sure how to stop her.

I don't think there's any real way to stop her from picking at it, short of a cone of shame. And that might just make her life a little worse when it doesn't need to be. If there's no smell from the fluids, I'm not worried about that - keep in mind everything that is hanging out are things the body generally wants kept moist and warm. I will think happy scab shedding thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom