Prolapse? Infection??

Tomorrow, can you get a picture of her vent again? I haven’t seen anything like that come off in pics before—it looks kind of gross. Do you see anything that looks like maggots? Hopefully that was just necrotic tissue.
Nothing that looks like maggots. But those white egg looking pouches is the second one opened. It has a very strong odor like waste. Her vent looks fine. I just noticed she kept trying to push that thing out she was never in any serious sign of pain or discomfort really

Nothing that looks like maggots. But those white egg looking pouches is the second one opened. It has a very strong odor like waste. Her vent looks fine. I just noticed she kept trying to push that thing out she was never in any serious sign of pain or discomfort really
So that was not really prolapsed tissue we were seeing, it was that..."thing" (don't have a word for it!)
The vent is fine, no more tissue/prolapse hanging out since that came out correct?

I'm still not sure what that is, but if you've seen that more than once, I'm going to say it may be something like Salpingitis (lash egg), but the inside it very different. Could you tell if that was food or feces inside the white sack? I'm not trying to be gross, just have not seen that before so trying to figure it out.

If you still have that, it may be worth taking it to your state lab to see if they can give you an idea of what all that's made up of.

So that was not really prolapsed tissue we were seeing, it was that..."thing" (don't have a word for it!)
The vent is fine, no more tissue/prolapse hanging out since that came out correct?

I'm still not sure what that is, but if you've seen that more than once, I'm going to say it may be something like Salpingitis (lash egg), but the inside it very different. Could you tell if that was food or feces inside the white sack? I'm not trying to be gross, just have not seen that before so trying to figure it out.

If you still have that, it may be worth taking it to your state lab to see if they can give you an idea of what all that's made up of.
It looked like beef :l it smelled like meat and feces lol It had a really strong odor. Yes I have it sealed in my refrigerator

It looked like beef :l it smelled like meat and feces lol It had a really strong odor. Yes I have it sealed in my refrigerator
Well, that's what it looks like in the photo! Ground beef:hmm (Sorry Ya'll haha)
I'm going to say that probably came from the intestines instead of the oviduct, but I would be interested to see what @Eggcessive @casportpony and @dawg53 think.

First I was thinking Salpingitis, but the more I look at the photos, I'm thinking not.
In case you need it, here's a link to the FL state lab https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Bu...on-Animal-Disease-Diagnostic-Laboratory-BADDL

Well, that's what it looks like in the photo! Ground beef:hmm (Sorry Ya'll haha)
I'm going to say that probably came from the intestines instead of the oviduct, but I would be interested to see what @Eggcessive @casportpony and @dawg53 think.

First I was thinking Salpingitis, but the more I look at the photos, I'm thinking not.
In case you need it, here's a link to the FL state lab https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Bu...on-Animal-Disease-Diagnostic-Laboratory-BADDL
Does it cost much? The lab isn't actually too far away from me 40 minutes maybe. Like I said, I have them sealed in my fridge :x for this very purpose so I can figure out what the heck it is...

Does it cost much? The lab isn't actually too far away from me 40 minutes maybe. Like I said, I have them sealed in my fridge :x for this very purpose so I can figure out what the heck it is...
Call them an ask or suggest to them you have pictures and you could email them so they could get a look...maybe they haven't seen anything like it either. Whatever the case it is worth a try

There should be a fee schedule on the website, but giving them a call is always a good idea. Like mentioned, if you have something unusual, they may accept email photos or even want to "inspect" it at a reduced rate for curiosity sake, you never know.
Keep us posted.
https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Bu...on-Animal-Disease-Diagnostic-Laboratory-BADDL

My first thought was an early stage lash egg but it certainly doesn't look typical of a lash egg although they often look like a mixture of sausage meat and cooked egg. Was the white tissue surrounding it like an egg membrane? Other thoughts were a cecal core although it is the wrong shape or perhaps something she ate which went through her system intact for some reason, like maybe a fungus (puff ball)... extremely unlikely I know that something that large could pass through the gizzard but just trying to think around what it looks like, rather than how it got there...

Back
Top Bottom