pronouncing mille fleur d'uccles......im butchering it.

caf.gif
Hmmmm I would have gone with "Meel flure doo clay" (mom & dad spoke French, not me!

Quote:
Love it, love it, love it....substitute "there" with "yonder" and you got it!!
gig.gif

mill floo-r doo clay (sorry...I'm not good with phonetic spelling, but I think you get the drift).
wink.png

ETA: if you have an incubator, "bantyrooster" on here has the most gorgeous flock, and actively sells hatching eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
This is correct.

Mille (thousand) Fluer (flowers) d'Uccle (of/from Uccles)

mill-flur doo-clay

well, you could add an extra half-syllable to "fluer", like "flewer", but just hardly touching the "w" sound.

This is correct !!!!!!!! in the south the speach is lazier so they say d'uccles and if your from the northern states you tend to pronounce it correctly as Du'clay as it should be. Thanks for clearing it up and asking the question.

AL

Quote:
were in wild wonderful west virginia, so that should add a nice spin to a beautifel french pronunciation, since we dont have a creek or a roof in our state, just criks and ruffs.

In the area of WV where I grew up, girls didn't wear panties. They wore painies...lol! DH gets a big kick whenever we go "home" for a visit. When we cross the 64 bridge at Ashland leading in WV, he ALWAYS grabs on tight as we pass through the black hole portal going back in time...
roll.png
He's REAL funny
hmm.png

Quote:
were in wild wonderful west virginia, so that should add a nice spin to a beautifel french pronunciation, since we dont have a creek or a roof in our state, just criks and ruffs.

In the area of WV where I grew up, girls didn't wear panties. They wore painies...lol! DH gets a big kick whenever we go "home" for a visit. When we cross the 64 bridge at Ashland leading in WV, he ALWAYS grabs on tight as we pass through the black hole portal going back in time...
roll.png
He's REAL funny
hmm.png

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom