Proper feed for laying ducks

Quote:
Oh gosh, I wrote that? It was my drinking night.

At least then you could always pick him out of a crowd, he would be the one with the funny waddle.... LOL

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Yes I know this post is older then my boots but I am trying to find out what is going wrong with my Piking ducks as the beaks are loosing color and turning a whitish color instead of the nice yellow color and I have been using flock raiser and if I am missing some mineral or vitamin I would like for someone to let me know what I am doing wrong as it has only been going on the last several months and just this morning I noticed the one duckling is also loosing the nice bright yellow color in the beak ........

If you look at baby ducks beak you can see what I am writing about .....

Okay you can only see Bob's beak as Aflack is hiding hers .....

A night shot but Aflack is closer ......

Hi,
I have a similar question: I have 6 ducks and 2 drakes, 1 to be re-homed soon, I hope. One of my ducks just started laying. I have heard some different opinions and want some more advice before I decide. Which feed should I feed my duck flock? Flock Raiser? Or Layer? Oyster shell on the side? And thoughts would be appreciated as I will be going to the feeds store within the next few days.

Hi,
I have a similar question: I have 6 ducks and 2 drakes, 1 to be re-homed soon, I hope. One of my ducks just started laying. I have heard some different opinions and want some more advice before I decide. Which feed should I feed my duck flock? Flock Raiser? Or Layer? Oyster shell on the side? And thoughts would be appreciated as I will be going to the feeds store within the next few days.

I prefer to use Flock Raiser, for my ducks and geese and I do soak their fee in water for the simple reason of less waste of feed .....

I've been feeding my flock Purina Layena crumbles, then pellets since I've had them. No reason other than I had little knowledge and it was on sale the same time I got my ducklings. Regardless of my ignorance, I've never had a problem with it. Sometimes I will switch to the Dumor Layer Pellets when it's on sale. I wish they made the Flock Raiser in pellets (it's only in crumbles) because it specifically mentions "ducks" on the packaging.

I'm picky like that,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom