PSA: Close your coop door!

Good for you rounding them all up-so scattered! I too wonder Why they would go out in the dark!?
Anybody got a theory?
:caf
They can see the ultraviolet spectrum so they see the sun coming up waaaay before we do. Same reason roosters crow in the dark or at least seemingly dark to us. So they probably got triggerd but still couldn't see well enough to manage, plus rain confusion and all that.:)
@Dona Worry , i'm so glad everyone is fine..well except for your nerves! When I lock up I look at and touch every door and verbally say "locked". It is a really rainman thing to do but it helps me to not forget.:)

Because I am a sucker that beings them treats several times a day and call them over to get them. I love to see them run like little maniacs lol.

I always felt a little guilty for spoiling them rotten, but I no longer see it as spoiling, I see it as teaching a valuable life skill-- following the voice!
So sweet how they came running to “mama” to save them:love... I am so happy everyone is alright! I would be sad not to hear anymore Nardole adventures!!

In order to prevent this we bought an automated door from Ador. Never have to worry did we remember to close the door. They are not cheap but the piece of mind is worth it

They can see the ultraviolet spectrum so they see the sun coming up waaaay before we do. Same reason roosters crow in the dark or at least seemingly dark to us. So they probably got triggerd but still couldn't see well enough to manage, plus rain confusion and all that.:)
@Dona Worry , i'm so glad everyone is fine..well except for your nerves! When I lock up I look at and touch every door and verbally say "locked". It is a really rainman thing to do but it helps me to not forget.:)
This was at 4:30 in the morning, a good 2 hours before sunrise. Plus, in heavy rain. I don't know why they would leave the coop like that!

Back
Top Bottom