1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet guessing game!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JennsHens06, Mar 27, 2017.

1. JennsHens06

JennsHens06 New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    SE Michigan
    Good morning everyone! I am learning about and falling in love with my first time chicks here. We bought jusf one day old chicks from TSC and they are now just a couple days shy of 5 weeks old. Im starting to think these babes may not be the gender or even the breed we thought we got lol. We do have a plan for the roosters we are unable to keep but still would be so sad to see them go if thats the case. Anyome want to take a crack at the guessing game with these beauties? We were told they were 3 Amerucanas and 3 BO. Probably not the best pictures of the full bird but they just werent into an early morning photo session
    A
    [IMG
    ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7761550/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    B
    [​IMG]
    C
    [​IMG]
    D
    [​IMG]
    E
    [​IMG]
    F
    [​IMG]

2. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Hi! I can't see the 1st image, and for image D I would need to see the comb, but all of the others look like pullets. Yay! [​IMG]

3. JennsHens06

JennsHens06 New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    SE Michigan
    [​IMG]
    This is "A"

4. peopleRanimals2

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Thanks. That one is a little different, more feathered in than the other two ameraucanas. Can you get pictures of the combs of A and D? Thanks. It does look like you have ameraucanas and BOs, though. :)

5. JennsHens06

JennsHens06 New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    SE Michigan
    This is her comb [​IMG]

6. peopleRanimals2

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    That one looks like a pullet too.
    A general rule for chicks is the pullet's combs will develop a lot slower, and they will take longer to get red. The rooster will feather in slower, though.

7. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    besides the ones that are not facing the camera I think they are all pullets besides maybe F. The red ones are supposed to be buff orpingtons? I don't think they are maybe red star or red sex links? Buff Orpingtons are supposed to be... well... buff in color lol [​IMG]

8. JennsHens06

JennsHens06 New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    SE Michigan
    Thank you so much! It would be absolutely wonderful to keep all our girls. My and our 3 little boys have become very attatched. Here is pullet "A" comb
    [​IMG]

9. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    I'm thinking all pullets

10. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    You have Easter Eggers and red sex links. All the red ones are pullets. The EEs look like pullets as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by