Pullet guessing game!

JennsHens06

Hatching
Mar 14, 2017
SE Michigan
Good morning everyone! I am learning about and falling in love with my first time chicks here. We bought jusf one day old chicks from TSC and they are now just a couple days shy of 5 weeks old. Im starting to think these babes may not be the gender or even the breed we thought we got lol. We do have a plan for the roosters we are unable to keep but still would be so sad to see them go if thats the case. Anyome want to take a crack at the guessing game with these beauties? We were told they were 3 Amerucanas and 3 BO. Probably not the best pictures of the full bird but they just werent into an early morning photo session
A
[/URL]
B

C

D

E

F

Thanks. That one is a little different, more feathered in than the other two ameraucanas. Can you get pictures of the combs of A and D? Thanks. It does look like you have ameraucanas and BOs, though. :)

That one looks like a pullet too.
A general rule for chicks is the pullet's combs will develop a lot slower, and they will take longer to get red. The rooster will feather in slower, though.

besides the ones that are not facing the camera I think they are all pullets besides maybe F. The red ones are supposed to be buff orpingtons? I don't think they are maybe red star or red sex links? Buff Orpingtons are supposed to be... well... buff in color lol
big_smile.png

Thank you so much! It would be absolutely wonderful to keep all our girls. My and our 3 little boys have become very attatched. Here is pullet "A" comb

You have Easter Eggers and red sex links. All the red ones are pullets. The EEs look like pullets as well.

Back
Top Bottom