pullet laying early or adult chicken laying twice a day?

r_o_o_s_t_e_r

Chirping
Apr 1, 2021
hi, i have 3 adult girls who lay brown eggs, and one pullet who will lay light brown eggs (golden comet and polish cross that i hatched). my pullet hit the 3 month mark on june 20th. my three adult girls lay every day, and about a week ago we got 4 brown eggs, and one was pretty wonky (i dont think i have pictures, but it almost looked indented and the shell was very thin. i accidentally broke it by pressing it😳). i thought it was maybe one of my adult ladies laying twice in one day, and that it’d be a one time thing. however, i got 4 brown eggs again today, and one of then was a bit smaller but not fairy egg sized. maybe around 55grams, while usually the brown eggs are around 60-65. is my pullet laying too early or is it just a coincidence that a brown laying hen laid twice in a day more than once? (for reference, i hatched out 5 babies, the golden comet mix being one. the rest are ameraucana/polish mix except for one silkie/polish mix. they all squat for me, but theyve been doing that since they were very little. also, the one roo we hatched recently started crowing)

I'm not familiar with that breed. My leghorn started laying at 15 weeks exactly which felt really, especially when her sister didn't start until 19 weeks. To me it sounds like your pullet is laying.

I have thought my duck was laying too and it may now very well be a Han was laying twice a day (which she has done actually due to shell issues), but back then -because I will find an egg in the garden and also in her coupe I was mislead as well. Only now my duck starts acting macho -but doesn’t have the curled feather identifiable for a drake; the quacks are misleading too...
As far as early pullets laying- they would start at 4 months..

Back
Top Bottom