Pullet or Cockerel? Ameraucana.....It's official/Got a new name :)

I still vote pullet too (and I'm from the Am thread
wink.png
) Get a good look at it's comb- if you see 3 big rows than it's a boy. If there is just one bigger row in the middle and the side rows aren't really showing, then I think you'll be getting some eggs soon. It's old enough now that a female should have a red somb. All of my male ameraucanas (and I have plenty!) - no matter what color- have lots of obvious pointy saddle feathers by that age, and a big comb.

Wolftracks, if you were to get a nice non-blurry profile pic of your bird, showing the comb and it's saddle feathers, I bet we could tell you once and for all.
wink.png

Oh I started it huh??
LOL

I think the roo suggestion might be right, but tomorrow I'll go out and try my best to get that knucklehead to hold still so I can get a clear pic.

Not an easy task when all I have to work with is my phone.

I need to take some pics of some barred EE roos I'm trying to home anyway, so I'll have phone in hand. If it wasn't so wet and mushy outside I'd sit in the grass and try to get them to just come and bug me, but I'm not getting down there. LOL

I did hold her/him/it yesterday and ran my hand through the feathers looking for pointy ones. Not sure if I really saw any, but the comb is bigger down the middle and smaller on the sides.

And nothing here has laid since August! I'm feeding a bunch of freeloaders and the more I give them the more freeloading they're doing.

OK I'm not getting any better at this.

Maybe the comb shot with help more.

Took these just before sundown today.

44123_blues_comb.jpeg

44123_blue_12_2_2010.jpeg

Lol, does look like a pullet in these pictures..... body position and tail feathers.

The way the bird handles itself in the first pictures spoke cockerel to me. And they seemed to be more saturated as well.

Back
Top Bottom