Pullet with possible fungal skin issue?

Chickerella2012

Songster
Jun 27, 2019
Tallahassee, FL
I have a pullet that seems to have a skin issue. Does it look fungal? Or more like dermatitis? I do think that a Cockerel tore her skin while trying to mate her. She's had this issue for more than two months now. I've given her a bath with anti fungal shampoo as well as sprayed her with Curaseb. Antifungal/Antibacterial spray. I haven't tried any internal meds yet, or haven't done any more treatments. The dry skin pieces come off somewhat easily, underneath they are "weepy" wet. I will run a fungal smear tomorrow when my potassium hydroxide arrives, but, I'd like some opinions on what this may be. In the beginning I used clotrimin drying powder spray on her neck, iodine water mixture, as well as miconazole cream. Nothing has helped. These pics are a few weeks old. I've used coconut oil to keep her skin moist, as the dry skin is irritatingly itchy. The stuff has progressed to her facial skin now. Not sure if this is just superficial or internal as well. I have ketoconazole tablets, in case it is internal. Please help! I appreciate any info ❤
Thanks!
received_225226205787544.jpeg
received_2715190378792462.jpeg
received_251832916343442.jpeg

That's strange! I'll tag some people who may be able to help you!

@Eggcessive @azygous @Wyorp Rock
It is very frustrating. No one else in her Pen has it. I suspect a Rooster tore her skin and it got infected. I want to get her better. She's been in quarantine for about two months now, and it hurts my heart seeing her like that. She's otherwise just fine. Eats and drinks like a champ. She's just uncomfortably itchy.

When I had an issue with poultry lice I emailed the “Chicken Chick.” She has a website. She was so kind and helpful. I would be tempted to separate her just in case it is contagious and maybe give her a break from the rooster. Good luck and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom