Pullet with possible fungal skin issue?

I would like to know the cause first. I don't think it's just simple dandruff. The head and shoulders may help with drying the scabs out, or the skin, but I would like to treat the cause. I guess I'll see tomorrow if it is fungal, then treat accordingly. Don't really know what I can use on her skin, if it is fungal, as I have used anti fungal shampoo as well as anti fungal and anti bacterial spray too.

Oddly enough to me it almost looks like hardened pus (since chickens don't get liquid pus). I'm wondering if maybe you're right about it being infected from one cut. That is really bizarre. What's under it when it comes off? Just skin, or open flesh?

Oddly enough to me it almost looks like hardened pus (since chickens don't get liquid pus). I'm wondering if maybe you're right about it being infected from one cut. That is really bizarre. What's under it when it comes off? Just skin, or open flesh?
just healthy skin that's weepy, wet (i guess it's an immune response, inflammatory liquid?) I pull a scab off, it's wet, I clean it, the yellow crystal-ly crust forms back after a few days.

The thing is, in her ear she had that gunky cheesy pus plug, which i removed, it was just loosely in there. It came back. Having treated her with baytril, I thought that would do it. It didn't. It's just very weird.

The thing is, in her ear she had that gunky cheesy pus plug, which i removed, it was just loosely in there. It came back. Having treated her with baytril, I thought that would do it. It didn't. It's just very weird.
That is so weird. I've never seen anything like this on any animal. Usually with fungal issues once you start treating it it dies back really quick. And if it was pus the antibiotics should have done it in. Could she have some kind of immune disorder?

That is so weird. I've never seen anything like this on any animal. Usually with fungal issues once you start treating it it dies back really quick. And if it was pus the antibiotics should have done it in. Could she have some kind of immune disorder?
Maybe? She comes from a very healthy line of birds. No one ever had any issues. She just one day decided to get those skin scabs, that's it.

Maybe? She comes from a very healthy line of birds. No one ever had any issues. She just one day decided to get those skin scabs, that's it.
One more thing I'd like to add, I will also post new pics tomorrow, she has thick scabs in between every feather shaft on her outer wings. I guess where she can preen and disperse the fungal stuff (if it is fungal)

Back
Top Bottom