Pullet with possible fungal skin issue?

after 72hrs of incubation of the petri dish (samples of both, the scab swab and weepy skin swab) white mold started growing in the dish, yesterday dark mold (gray in color or darker) started to form. I will run it on a slide to look at it under the microscope. Photo is not showing it well, as the viewing window on the incubator is scratched up. I also contacted the State Vet, with pics of the pullet. Hopefully he will be able to help :)
20210119_082111.jpg

I'm going through this Now..and somone tagged this thread in my thred. After throwing everything in the medicine cabinet at her, I'm at a loss.. I'm eager to think if I shoild get baby benidryl too or try the tabs 1st.. Hoping for your tests to deliver some answers

Attachments

• 20210302_220120.jpg
    20210302_220120.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210302_214919.jpg
    20210302_214919.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm going through this Now..and somone tagged this thread in my thred. After throwing everything in the medicine cabinet at her, I'm at a loss.. I'm eager to think if I shoild get baby benidryl too or try the tabs 1st.. Hoping for your tests to deliver some answers

Thank you @Fishychix

I used some ketoconazole tablets, after three days, the scabs started falling off, and didn't regrow. She is fine and back with her flock. Not sure what yours has. It may be a fungal issue.

Back
Top Bottom