Pullets or Cockerels? Breeds? 6 weeks

AmeliaBedelia

Crowing
Jan 23, 2021
Georgia, USA
Rooster is Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, but the hens were a mix of Rhode Island Reds/Blues, different varieties of Wyandottes, White Leghorn, Welsummers, Plymouth Barred Rock, Buckeye, and Golden Comet. Any ideas on pullet vs cockerel and/or breed/mix of each greatly appreciated! I'm mostly concerned about gender, but thought the "hybrid guessing game" might be fun for others too, not just me! ;-)

Attachments

• Inked9_LI.jpg
    Inked9_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Inked7_LI.jpg
    Inked7_LI.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • Inked8_LI.jpg
    Inked8_LI.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • Inked6_LI.jpg
    Inked6_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Inked5_LI.jpg
    Inked5_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Inked4_LI.jpg
    Inked4_LI.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • Inked3_LI.jpg
    Inked3_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Inked1_LI.jpg
    Inked1_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • Inked2_LI.jpg
    Inked2_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • Inked10_LI.jpg
    Inked10_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Inked11_LI.jpg
    Inked11_LI.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Inked12_LI.jpg
    Inked12_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
7,8,1 are cockerels, 11 and 10 are possibly cockerels, 6,5,4,2 I think are pullets, could you post a front photo of 12?

Last edited:
7,8,1 are cockerels, 11 and 10 are possibly cockerels, 6,5,4,2 I think are pullets, could you post a front photo of 12?

That's about what I was thinking...hoping 9 and 3 are also pullets, but we'll see I guess?

Any ideas on how to tell the mixes apart? Should have banded them based on egg color or something... I'm assuming the all/mostly white ones are the wyandotte/leghorn mixes. What do you think the couple of dark ones could be? They don't look barred to me...

Rooster is Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, but the hens were a mix of Rhode Island Reds/Blues, different varieties of Wyandottes, White Leghorn, Welsummers, Plymouth Barred Rock, Buckeye, and Golden Comet. Any ideas on pullet vs cockerel and/or breed/mix of each greatly appreciated! I'm mostly concerned about gender, but thought the "hybrid guessing game" might be fun for others too, not just me! ;-)
Do you have updated pictures?

Back
Top Bottom