Pullets or Roos?

ah1991

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2023
Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice on these 4 new girls i rescued. They are about 9 weeks old and I was assured at the auction that they are all females. ( I was clear about not being able to take any roosters considering we already have one ) Let me know your opinion! Please and thanks
IMG_9752.jpeg

Number 1^
IMG_9759.jpeg

Number 2 & 3 ^
IMG_9756.jpeg
Number4^

Attachments

• IMG_9758.jpeg
    IMG_9758.jpeg
    944.4 KB · Views: 8
Right now to me #3 looks like a possible cockerel. They look like they have had a rough start in life - hopefully all are pullets.

Right now to me #3 looks like a possible cockerel. They look like they have had a rough start in life - hopefully all are pullets.
Yes they absolutely have not had an easy start 😞 my first time at an auction of this sort and it was quite sad. I wanted to take every one of them home with me. They are on their way to being healthy and happy though with us 🫶🏻

1 and 3 could be cockerels, just slow to mature. They do look quite rough, so a cockerel might be hard to spot for a couple weeks.

1 and 3 could be cockerels, just slow to mature. They do look quite rough, so a cockerel might be hard to spot for a couple weeks.
Yes poor things are all missing feathers and just look like they been through it😌 It's sad, I'm keeping them separate from my chickens until I know they are healthy enough.

Yes poor things are all missing feathers and just look like they been through it😌 It's sad, I'm keeping them separate from my chickens until I know they are healthy enough.
That’s a good idea. Poor things, I hope they can thrive under your care. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom