Pullets or Roos?

proud-armywife

Chirping
May 8, 2015
i think I have a few ee and an australorp but not sure about others tried to take pic of wing feathers all chicks are a little over a week old

It's too young to tell yet. There is no way to sex them by their wing feathers, unfortunately. You will have to wait until they are older and their combs and other sex traits start to develop.

Unless they are specific breeds bred by breeders for wing sexing, wing sexing is not a reliable way to sex chicks (especially if they come from hatcheries and feed stores). Your chicks are really too young to sex accurately at this point. I would suggest posting their pics again in 5-6 weeks. By then their gender should be pretty obvious.

Unless they are specific breeds bred by breeders for wing sexing, wing sexing is not a reliable way to sex chicks (especially if they come from hatcheries and feed stores). Your chicks are really too young to sex accurately at this point. I would suggest posting their pics again in 5-6 weeks. By then their gender should be pretty obvious.
x2

x3

x4

Back
Top Bottom