Puppy Mill!?!

Quote:
X2 - Just call you won't have to have any evidence they will show up and just do a search of the property!!!!

Yes, you don't even need to give them pics. Just have AC go over and they can see for themselves. Keep us updated!

Just call the animal shelter/control/sheriff's office. You'll either help a bunch of helpless animals or they get there and it's not as bad as it was made out to be. Win-win situation for the animals. They're either already ok or will be taken care of

I would tell your friend to say you're in the market for a puppy so you can go there. Take pictures with your PHONE if you have to. But someone should get some documentation before they call. Most time as long as there is food and water....AC doesn't do much. It's sickening.
somad.gif

Quote:
X2 - Just call you won't have to have any evidence they will show up and just do a search of the property!!!!

X3 - AGREED!! just call AC, do it for the dogs.

not everyone that breeds an occasional liter of pups is bad.
I have a litter from time to time my dogs are treated better than most people treat their own children.
mine have never slept outside or been caged, they are fed better than human grade food and given plenty of love
and training. the time it takes to raise a quality litter and get all the shots, dewclaws removed,tails docked etc takes a lot of time/effort and the cost involved far out ways making money, some people sincerely do it for the love of their breed. sadly there are many others that don't have a clue what they are doing and do put these poor animals through h#ll I have done my fair share of calling AC because of living conditions I have seen over the years and the AC did nothing even when they came and seen for themselves a poor dog living in a 4x5 kennel outdoors with no food or shelter insight and his water bowl was frozen this poor dog was emaciated! I have 0 respect or tolerance for anyone who treats any animal in this fashion but I also find it upsetting that most people lump everyone together and its really not fair for the people that do a great job raising pups. people always say adopt from the shelter that's fine for some but not for others. I also think more people should adopt children because there's plenty out there without a loving home in shelters that we call "orphanage's" yet they continue to have their own for some of the same reasons. some people want a well bred animal whether it be a dog a horse a bird etc....JMHO

Please remember the OP is likely a minor and is not a first person witness. Might be a bit tougher to file a report with Animal Control given those circumstances. An adult needs to step in.

I used to raise Salukis. Sighthounds, and naturally skinny and bony when taken for there much needed runs on a regular basis. My vet raised them, too. I wish I had a nickel for every time AC got called out! The vet's dogs would get on the roof of his house and watch the neighborhood from there. There were a zillion calls about "starving dogs on his roof".
lau.gif

We both had personal files at AC after a while, but they would actually tell people not to worry, they're Salukis and supposed to look like that. Every now and then a new hire from AC would come around and we took time to inform and educate folks about Salukis and other sighthounds.

Quote:
I've had Borzois and alot of people said I was starving them! What?! They are supposed to be a lean running machines that can turn on a dime for rabbits and large preys. Fat Borzois don't live very long and bloat big time if you let them.

Back
Top Bottom