Purina Flock Raiser users, question w/pic

I was just searching the threads for this subject and I have gotten a similar bag twice within the last four months.
The first one had the same brown appearance and I'm guessing there is a tumbling/drying process that was overdone, because it had the same burned look to it and my chickens wouldn't even touch it.
TS exchanged it for me and that bag was normal.
I also noticed that the normal bag was noticeably lighter in weight because the one that was powder seemed to weigh a ton.
Once that bag was gone, the very next bag was powder again, but this time lighter in appearance.
I'm guessing they are having a quality control issue, but I wish they would get it straightened out because the birds like the feed and I'm getting tired of exchanging bags.

I was just searching the threads for this subject and I have gotten a similar bag twice within the last four months.
The first one had the same brown appearance and I'm guessing there is a tumbling/drying process that was overdone, because it had the same burned look to it and my chickens wouldn't even touch it.
TS exchanged it for me and that bag was normal.
I also noticed that the normal bag was noticeably lighter in weight because the one that was powder seemed to weigh a ton.
Once that bag was gone, the very next bag was powder again, but this time lighter in appearance.
I'm guessing they are having a quality control issue, but I wish they would get it straightened out because the birds like the feed and I'm getting tired of exchanging bags.
Are you in California? I ask because there seem to be a QC problem with the Turlock mill.

-Kathy

yeah, that looks like the layena not the flock rasier, probably mis-packaging
It could be, but color does vary from lot to lot. Sometimes it's dark brown, sometimes it's light brown. What bugs me is when it's all powder... they won't eat it and too much gets wasted... I've even seen this with pellets.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom