Purina Omega 3 Price

Quote:
But is it safe in the heat we're having to add these?

Why wouldn't it be safe?

Any grain/seed/ feed that you feed in the winter you can feed in the summer.

Chris

Quote:
But is it safe in the heat we're having to add these?

Why wouldn't it be safe?

Chris

I am talking about adding oil to the feed during the summer would we have to worry about it going rancid in the heat? or are you mainly taking about the seeds. But couldn't they get rancid also?

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be safe?

Chris

I am talking about adding oil to the feed during the summer would we have to worry about it going rancid in the heat? or are you mainly taking about the seeds. But couldn't they get rancid also?

Oil doesn't go rancid in your kitchen cupboards this time of year.
If you let the food set out there for a week in the sun then it might go bad but If you are feeding just what they will eat that day I think you would be fine..
You could feed one of the grain/seeds also.

The seed wont go rancid.

Chris

Last edited:
In 2010, data from the USDA showed that 93% of soybeans grown in the US were genetically modified soybeans. It's not something we want in our diet and we eat our chickens and the eggs soo that's just something to think about for those that are trying to go GMF free,.. since the properties are often concentrated in oils.

We use the flax seeds ourselves,..

Quote:
You are so lucky, price here is $18.95. I know two dollars does not seem like alot, but all the whole grains have doubled. Oats $16.95, wheat $15.95, BOSS $39.95
hit.gif

Hate to say it, but they all seem to be "downsizing" the bags while keeping the nominal price steady or even raising it a buck or two. Welcome to the brave new world!

Quote:
Forgot to say asked about Blk. oil sunflower seeds and it was 37.00 for a 50lb. bag. my gosh what is going on? sorry Horse Featherz NV that your paying that, it going to get to where we won't be able to feed our animals. also what happened to the coupons that we were suppose to get from Purina?

Last edited:
ok try this it always works for the cat food and dog food to off set the price hike call the 1800 number on the back of the bag when something looks off and tell them you have been using it for so long and you are upset norm.. they send out a free coupon to replace the product you hsve had a problem with to try and keep there customers happy
cool.png

ps this also works with our foods aswell

or if you call tell them you would like to try there brand and see if they will send you out coupons they may not be free but at least its a little off the normal price

oh yea and one other thing is to look at the cheapest bag of cat food ''any brand '' and see how much of the omega 3 fatty there is in it and try mixing with your reg pellets or crumbles
this is done here all the time to off set the feed cost and does not hurt the chickens also cat food has about 30 % protin

Back
Top Bottom