PUTTING MY CHICKENS IN THE FAIR. need help

When i recently brang my chickens to the fair, they had a vet, and he would take a blood sample and stuck a swab down their throughts to make sure that they werent diseased:D
then he just let us put them in our cage.
Unless you have a vet come to your property to do it, then you wont have to wait in a line that is forever!
tongue.png

Quote:
I didn't think about the 4H people. I know someone in it I'll call them. Thanks for all your help.

I don't think I will have the time to put them in this year. Maybe next year.

The 4H people said they don't put their chickens in because they couldn't find anyone to test them. The lady and I decided to take the training to do this our selves then we will be ready for next year. I only have production RIR's, I think thats what you call them. And I don't know if I could put them in. I guess I will see what happens next year.

By the way there were NO RIR's in the fair.

They can go in a production class instead of a breed class.

If you call your extension agent they can come to your place and do the testing in nothing flat. There is no cost and you are then NPIP certified and don't have to be tested when you go to shows. Just bring them your NPIP card.

Anytime we show, a pullet is a female under 12 months, and a hen is a female over 12 months. A cockeral is a male under 12 months, and a Cock is a male over 12 months.... I've only ever heard of the January 1st thing in horses....

Back
Top Bottom