putting them in the LG tomorrow want to join me?

I'm glad to be in this group
lol.png

I've candled my Old English eggs since there very easy to see thru, and there all developing nicely and tonight i could see the black speck that is the eye. Tried to candle a few Orpington eggs and they are still progressing nicely.

Oooooh, I haven't candled my eggs from this group, but I candled some from the bunch set the 19th in the chest-of-drawers incubator, and they are growing well (except for the ones that just flat aren't fertile). My first chick (an Ameraucana) from this weeks hatch is out and I see several pips --- kinda early as 'Day 21' is Thurs. I'm still struggling with humidity in the c-o-d. In the LG's next to the bathroom/shower, and I did well with 'dry hatch' for 5 years, not so with the new home-built contraption --- I have to add much water surface to compensate for the drying of the fans (at least I think that's what's going on. I'm figuring this one out as I go).

Lisa, you crack me up. I'm sure you posted pics of your cod but please please please post them again. I love how inventive you are! And of course any pics of fluffy babies are always appreciated as I have 3 weeks to wait here and my 3 week old orps are going through an ugly phase! You know, the face only a mother could love phase!

LL Farm. Glad your candeling went good! I am anxious to candle mine!

Have a great night everyone.

they just now broke into the tv with the warning blast sound tornado warning for 3 counties (NOT MY COUNTY THOUGH) a twister is on the ground right now traveling at 55 MPH. it is now 10:42 pm and most people are fast asleep, or like I was the other night watching a cable channel that does not give warnings. I pray for a short duration and a f2 or lower.

Donna

added now i see we are under a tornado watch i am at the stone/ taney county border. i just looked outside and it is not looking like anything unusual right now. but i wont be going to sleep anytime soon.

Tornado Watch 363 remains in effect until 300 am CDT for the
following locations

MO
. Missouri counties included are

Barry Barton Bates
Benton Buchanan Caldwell
Camden Carroll Cass
Cedar Christian Clay
Clinton Cooper Dade
Dallas Douglas Greene
Henry Hickory Howell
Jackson Jasper Johnson
Laclede Lafayette Lawrence
McDonald Miller Morgan
Newton Ozark Pettis
Platte Polk Pulaski
ray St. Clair Saline
stone Taney Texas
Vernon Webster Wright

Last edited:
Donna, I am praying you are safe tonight. I know there are many who are not. I hope you get a peaceful nights sleep and the storms pass on by. Please keep us updated in the morning. I know Lisa will be worried too.

I am so sick of this weather today was much better though. here is a video i made last night. i am placing it here because i thought it was funny that maurice crowed in the video. How do I know it was maurice> cock a doodle with no "doo" on the end. murray has a perfect crow
smile.png

I am candling tomorrow
Hugs Donna

Praying for everyone right now... It's amazing how destructive the tornadoes are this year. All those people are in my thoughts and it's pushed me to live life a little more. I'm in Maine so were not at a huge risk of tornadoes, but we've had a few. You never know when they'll hit.

Good luck on your candling tomorrow!!
fl.gif
thumbsup.gif

Donna, that is amazing video and it cracks me up that you know who crowed and how:lol: How funny is that. I am so glad you are fine though. I was beginning to worry when you didn't check in today and kept coming back to see if you would, so thanks for doing that! I killed one of my eggs tonight:he I was doing my first candle, which I know I know I should wait as I have brown eggs, but I just couldn't wait and sure enough hit the egg with the flashlight. I prayed that it was a dud before I cracked it, but no. A perfect four day embryo down the drown
hit.gif
Literally. Oh well. I am not touching them now until day 10.

Hope everyone else is good. Have a great night and praying for great hatches from all of us!!

Back
Top Bottom