PVC roof paneling

chickity-chick

Songster
May 1, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Using the wavy pvc roof paneling as walls for a coop? Wanting to enclose a rectangle fenced small run and make it a coop - trying to keep it light weight and waterproof- would this cook my chickens? Will it be ok for them? Please help! I posted earlier tonight and haven’t gotten a reply since- I have to do this soon so they don’t get rained on at night while they sleep!

As long as you have plenty of ventilation I'm sure it would be fine. They can leave the coop during the day and there won't be direct sun on it during the night.

I think the biggest issue you might have is if you try to adapt it in the future it might not be as easy to work with as wood (e.g. if you need to install a window).

As long as you have plenty of ventilation I'm sure it would be fine. They can leave the coop during the day and there won't be direct sun on it during the night.

I think the biggest issue you might have is if you try to adapt it in the future it might not be as easy to work with as wood (e.g. if you need to install a window).
[/QUOT

Ah thank you! I think I am going to try it- It’s very cheap and flexible so if I have to cut a panel off in the future for a remodel I think it will be ok. If I end up going with this idea I will be sure to have lots of windows! Thank you for your reply!

I think using th
Using the wavy pvc roof paneling as walls for a coop? Wanting to enclose a rectangle fenced small run and make it a coop - trying to keep it light weight and waterproof- would this cook my chickens? Will it be ok for them? Please help! I posted earlier tonight and haven’t gotten a reply since- I have to do this soon so they don’t get rained on at night while they sleep!
I think using those panels would be fine. If they don't have shade you could over part of it with a tarp. You could also cut out square windows & screw in hardware cloth to cover for ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom