Q from a Guy: What's the best iron?

In times like this, when practical gifts are even more important...I would highly recommend a Rowenta. If you have a Kohl's Dept Store near you they have a great selection. Honestly do not pay the extra for the high faluting stuff unless you are military and need very specific pleating. The cheapest Rowenta is better than the most expensive of any other brand. I am an iron snob. If you have to iron... go for the best.
Now, that said, buy her a nice nightgown along with the iron and write a sweet/sassy card that will make her smile and know you love her.
Good luck. Nice hubby!
Christina

Hey everyone, he really seems to be on the ball as far as the luvvy gifts go. If he brings home flowers all year round and surprises her with nice things when she isn't expecting it, his wife is a lucky lady. Sounds like she's darned happy too.

As a quilter, and a retired military member with 20+ years worth of ironing uniforms under my belt, I can tell you that a nice heavy iron is the best, Rowenta does indeed make good ones, and contrary to what some think.. the weight means it does a better job with LESS work.

As far as parfum goes, English Chick's suggestion of Paris by Yves San Laurent is absolutely wonderful, though different perfumes smell different on people based on their body chemistry, in general, it's subtle but definately got that -thang- about it that makes it wonderful. It's a keeper.

I wouldn't buy her perfume or jewelry unless you KNOW that she's into that. Make her something! Whether it's a card or a note or a hay twine bracelet...It will be a part of you. What more could she ask for?

Well, I know what she's into as far as perfume. As a man, I personally prefer the ones that have a more "subtle" fragrance, as opposed to what I call a "chemical" smell. I've been pretty spot-on as far as giving her perfumes that she likes.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm pretty sure it'll wind up being a Rowenta iron that I give her. But I decided to give it to her tomorrow, just because she needs it and not as a Christmas gift.

Quote:
OMG that's so brilliant. I sure wish I had thought of that!
Give her the woolly underwear and full length flannel tomorrow too! !

yuckyuck.gif

Chook good for you for being a husband that listens! I am not a fan of jewelry or perfume and I almost always ask for something very practical. This year DH is getting me a freezer at my request.

I HATE when someone asks me what I want, I tell them then they get me something completely different.

I have to agree, practical is good. Me personally, I'll get much more use out of a freezer than I would a pair of earrings.

Back
Top Bottom