Quail and the COLD.

Quote:
HECK WITH THAT YOU COME TO FLORIDA... PA GETS COLD AND HAS LOTSA YANKEES. FARTHEST NORTH I HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST 20 YRS IS CINCINNATI AND THATS USUALLY FOR ABOUT 2 HRS TO GET AMMO IF I RUN OUT DURING DEER/ WATERFOWL SEASON (WHICH IS RARE)

How about same question in southeast PA? I don't have any inside space for them, but with the troubles that appear to be coming on, I'm thinking through my protein options. Quail and rabbits seem top of the list. Is it too cold here in the winter for an outdoor house or aviary?

How about same question in southeast PA? I don't have any inside space for them, but with the troubles that appear to be coming on, I'm thinking through my protein options. Quail and rabbits seem top of the list. Is it too cold here in the winter for an outdoor house or aviary?
Threadus resurrectus!

The original posters aren't likely to respond to a nine year old thread, but you should be able to keep your quail outdoors as long as they are dry and have shelter. Give them a couple of boxes to huddle in and maybe some straw to keep their feet warm, and they should be fine.

Make sure their water doesn't freeze and that they have plenty of food. They need the calories to keep themselves warm.

Back
Top Bottom