Quail can’t peck properly and seems sick.

Try giving him/her a little bit of colloidal silver if you have any. My quail had the same problem and the colloidal silver seemed like it helped. What my quail got was highly contagious, so if you don’t already have it separated it would probably be a good idea.
Okay thank you, what problem did it have? Was it the inaccurate pecking? Or it being sick? Just to look more into it.

I really don’t know if quail can eat pellets, since I am mor familiar with chickens. But crumbles probably would be best. To make wet feed, with either pellets or crumbles you can add some water to a small bowl of feed, and mix it into an oatmeal consistency Most birds like that.
Okay thank you, I am also more familiar with chickens but have gotten used to quails since we got them last 2 weeks, I just worry since they seem smaller and more delicate. They eat the pellets fine and easily but I might still give them crumbs because they seem more happy with crumbs. Okay thank you, I will make that.

Okay thank you, I am also more familiar with chickens but have gotten used to quails since we got them last 2 weeks, I just worry since they seem smaller and more delicate. They eat the pellets fine and easily but I might still give them crumbs because they seem more happy with crumbs. Okay thank you, I will make that.
Put a handful of those pellets in a zip lock back and smash them up with a hammer.

How long have you had the quail and what exact pellets are you feeding them?

Put a handful of those pellets in a zip lock back and smash them up with a hammer.

How long have you had the quail and what exact pellets are you feeding them?
Have had the quail for around 2-3 weeks around the start of January this year

And we are feeding them chicken pellets, that have stuff like corn, oats, pellets, etc.

Ever since I switched to pellets she has loved it and doesn’t seem “sick” anymore, the pecking inaccuracy is still a problem though.

Hello so I had gotten 4 quail from someone and I took them home and they seemed healthy but a bit scared of me, now 4-5 weeks later I have them they are happy and trust me they all seem good except for one quail in the past this quail has not pecked straight or accurately (have tried giving it treats:worm,beetles,…) and it would try to eat it but would peck to the left or right of its target and would keep trying, and miss. So I would put a pretty biggish dog bowl in there with food and they all seem to eat fine even for the one that can’t peck accurately since there is plenty of space in case it misses. Anyways now the quail not only can’t peck accurately but has had its feathers puffed, eyes squinted, and crouches. I’m not sure if it’s sick since we’ve had her or if it’s because of the cold (low-40F°, High-60F°) even if it was the cold I’ve had a heat lamp out there and they would cuddle in I the heat throughout the night. I’m just curious if there is a way to help her because she seems weak, and if there is a way to help the pecking problem.

I have noticed she gets super happy when there is food

Here is a photo of her:
Ever since I switched to pellets she has loved it and doesn’t seem “sick” anymore, the pecking inaccuracy is still a problem though

Back
Top Bottom