Quail Chick Color Guessing Game!?

The first pic the really pale silver you posted - that is a boy? Geesh lol I would have thought it a girl I dunno why, must be the color or the face but actually the face looks a bit like my male Taco even though he’s brown. They got the same look in their eyes

He's got a little different shape than some of my other boys. I really like him, though - he's throwing close to 100% fertile eggs with his Italian girlfriend, expecting some babies this week. That was also a pic of him when he was 4/5 weeks, he's grown a bit, though still on the smaller side. His name is Speedracer; he came practically flying out of his egg doing laps around the incubator.

PLEASE PLEASE post pics as they grow up.
I need this chick!
5521984C-970B-4FFE-AF15-1948BE182BB2.jpeg

I kinda just got a wild hair and decided to grab a batch from eBay - just some mixed batch that listed silver, tux, Tibetan, etc. I thought it would be fun to just grab some random eggs and see what happens!
Where did you get your eggs from?

So this is what happened! lol! I got pretty much exactly what I wanted and some I have 2 of some I have 1. So far I got about an 80% hatch rate from these shipped eggs, 4 are still in the bator but I don’t think they made it. Ah well. I’ll give them a little more time and see...

719a5c09-65de-4aaa-ac18-8d756c588174-jpeg.1669389

5521984c-970b-4ffe-af15-1948be182bb2-jpeg.1669390
These two!!!!
I think the top one is a Tibetan tux and the bottom is just a normal dark color Tibetan? It doesn’t have that bright bright yellow like the other.

There are two I call the “panda twins” that look like the tux there on this top pic. And there is also two I call the cinnamon twins and they are a lighter color tux as well - looks just like the little pandas but cinnamon color, I’ve no clue what those will look like when adults it’s just what I call them now...

There is 2 Italian twins, and some red/golden/something in the mix and another very very pale silver...

I love them they are super cute lol

45ACB5F5-2B70-4308-A1DD-BAB0B465D198.jpeg

This one that is staring at me is one of the lighter color tuxedos, not dark like the panda looking ones lol so maybe they are like a red color or something. They have no stripes or anything so maybe some dark silver I’ve no clue.

I think there is some Rosetta in there or red or range or whatever it’s called - there is so many color names to describe the birds!

Back
Top Bottom