Quail Chick Color Guessing Game!?

He's got a little different shape than some of my other boys. I really like him, though - he's throwing close to 100% fertile eggs with his Italian girlfriend, expecting some babies this week. That was also a pic of him when he was 4/5 weeks, he's grown a bit, though still on the smaller side. His name is Speedracer; he came practically flying out of his egg doing laps around the incubator.

Awe I can’t wait to see them! Curious what they will pop out looking like!

Red range = Tibetan with only one copy of the gene

Rosetta= lacing pattern over top any color but most commonly red range or Tibetan
Great ty! Hard to find info LOL I try looking for babies similar but it’s hard!

So the lighter tux that looks just like the Tibetan tux is maybe the red range tux?

Great ty! Hard to find info LOL I try looking for babies similar but it’s hard!

So the lighter tux that looks just like the Tibetan tux is maybe the red range tux?

It is, I spent a LOOONG time researching and comparing everyone's birds. And everything I say like it is a fact - you can guaranteed find someone who will argue with me and call everything something different LOL.

Probably, but there are also scarlet birds that have another unknown modifier, etc. With the reds you often just have to wait and see. If they're black-looking with a little red butt tuft that is a pretty good giveaway it is a homozygous Tibetan, though.

I am seriously considering trying to crowd-poll an informal byc breed standard and color standards into being. I'd love to make it an *official* standard someday, but that is going to take a lot of consultation with the big breeders in addition to the formation of a breed society so I'm feeling like the former would be a decent first step and would take about all the energy I have for it at the moment.

My idea is basically to create a thread where we go by each trait/body part week by week and all discuss it, what we like, what we don't like, and then vote.

C7F53989-E881-47CB-B8BA-A496CC40C714.jpeg
034C5B0D-D87C-4C87-8D26-613FA7779E7F.jpeg
476451EB-CAD4-4D7E-B497-1E200FB3F84C.jpeg
Here you go for the ones who liked the little Tibetans and tuxedos lol I managed to get them all together for like 4 seconds :lau

Ok see under this for my response... but I was wondering about these little dudes they are so cute and pretty color!

Thanks you have been very helpful and nice! :)

727640EB-3725-48CB-B7C2-04924A226D73.jpeg
88F4D3AD-8113-41B1-B6A5-7F3564A3C7F9.jpeg
It is, I spent a LOOONG time researching and comparing everyone's birds. And everything I say like it is a fact - you can guaranteed find someone who will argue with me and call everything something different LOL.

Probably, but there are also scarlet birds that have another unknown modifier, etc. With the reds you often just have to wait and see. If they're black-looking with a little red butt tuft that is a pretty good giveaway it is a homozygous Tibetan, though.

Well you know - people gonna argue no matter what if you say the sky is blue someone is going to tell you it’s midnight blue or sparkling blue or teal. :barnie

Lol!

Ok I got these two little guys (or gals!) and I call them the cinnamon twins or the cinnamon twist dudes because they have a reddish hue to the grey on their backs. Now that I looked again one is more grey and one is a bit more red. Either way very similar - they look like a light version of the dark tux only reddish silver grey LOL

Definitely red range or scarlet or something in that neighborhood, and so cute omg :D It's a bit hard to tell if they're actually tuxedos or not at this age but that'll become clear in another week or so.

I am so excited, T-2 days to babies of all the birds I posted in this thread and more, plus some shipped eggs. Another hatch next week with even more of my homebred ones.:ya I miss babies!!

Back
Top Bottom