Are you sure the other is not picking on it? I would try to escape too, if that’s the case. Some just don’t get along (which I found out the hard way when most of mine turned out to be boys!) and can’t be housed together. My house quail seems to be pretty nocturnal so I don’t know that midnight activity is terribly abnormal. Lol. Escape behaviour means there is some stimulus to make them want out, whether that’s inter-quail issues or some other aspect that they’re trying to get out of/away from. (Too hot, boredom, learned behaviour once they escaped the first time...)

I’m no quail expert but I’ve learned a lot from mine over the past few months. :) I do find the boys to be the more active, spastic ones; my little guy hit about 4 weeks and became very territorial about his cage, growling and rushing my hands trying to peck me. That stopped pretty quickly but they can be right nasty when they want to be...
When a chick runs at me growling or attacking, I pick it up and teach it that behavior gets the opposite of what it wants.

I watched it for quite some time last night and it kept jumping and the other quail had nothing to do with it... I covered the box with a cloth so it cannot see where it is jumping or cannot see anything that could scare it, this calmed it down till it started later on when we were sleeping it is really starting to get stressful as it is now bleeding near its ear even though we put netting up. Could the reason be the sounds from the TV? we thought it could be the flickering lights but that wasnt it as we covered the box. If anyone could help out id really appreciate it.
How old is it? My 4 week olds in my grow out have been bonking because they keep trying to fly. I clipped their wings and they can’t get up there fast or hard anymore. My birds haven’t been like this previously, I assume one has a strong flight instinct and influences the others, so this batch are jumpers.

How old is it? My 4 week olds in my grow out have been bonking because they keep trying to fly. I clipped their wings and they can’t get up there fast or hard anymore. My birds haven’t been like this previously, I assume one has a strong flight instinct and influences the others, so this batch are jumpers.
My quail dosent really fly, its in a box where it could only jump... in the box the quails ear started bleeding but then it annoyed us so much as we couldn't sleep that we put it in the outside cage, we come the next morning to see its ear is bleeding even more. Ill try teach it that behaviour too lol.

Hi, we figured out the problem recently and id like to share it to others who may be having the same problem... my quail was simply afraid of the dark.

Back
Top Bottom