Quail Doctor in the house? Nasty lookin quail head

Ok...here is the actual picture of day 1 when I noticed he was injured.

This morning, he is looking MUCH better. Crazy improvement overnight. That green color on his head is really clearing up. Still some spots, but nothing like yesterday.
I will get a picture of him later today also.
Thanks again for the help!
85897_day1.jpg

That was a picture from last Thursday...the first day I noticed trouble. I will get one of him today and post it. His head is alot less green this morning! yay!

THANKS again for y'alls help guiding me through the healthcare! I guess I have a little too much of my grandaddy in me....despite the fact this quail was hatched in an incubator, grew in a brooder, and raised completely in captivity, I assume "nature" would cure him....or nature would sort it out one way or the other!<--that was the theory I was raised on. lol But, I am off to the feed store to see if I can stock up on some meds.

Thanks again
Wise

Ok...here is a picture I took of him just a few minutes ago. Compared to the pictures above you can see his head is coming back to natural color and he looks much better. I put a female in the infirmary with him (not sure if that was a good idea to have two together in the infirm unit...but I only have one infirmary!) as she had a tiny gash on her neck and he immediately mounted up. So he ain't feeling too bad! lol And she was surely like...great, thanks...stick me in here with the ugliest freakshow on the farm! lol

85897_photo5.jpg

Thanks again all.
Wise

Back
Top Bottom