quail dying

sojono

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
columbia
out of 15 jumbo coturnix i hatched i have 6 left they will all be lively and next time i check on them one will be dead temp. is 95 they have plenty food and water. i would like to know does anyone else has problem with them dying like this. sojono

An old farmer was telling me a true story of what happened to him,he hatches eggs in his large incubator all the time,anyway he hatched out some turkeys that kept dieing then put put them in with bigger turkeys in the brooder they also started dieing. His thoughts were that an egg transmiited diease caused this he then sanitized his incubator & never bought eggs from that source again.

Quote:
I also believe this to be true! and I have had it happen to me!! PUT some antibiotic in the water- the feed stores has it in powder form... it works! --clean your bator REALLY,REALLY good & use lysol

Dan are you talking about Terramyicn i have used it for baby calves and babychicks i will get some tomorrow thanks for reminding of it. i cleaned incubator with clorox just like i always after hatching chicks and i never have a problem with baby chicks thanks for info.

yes terrimycen . My feed store quit handling it & sells anothe MYCIN in a yellow package .It seems to work as good or better. I never measure it I just mix some in , the water looks yellow. less than gatorade .

well i got some duramycin-10 yesterday morning and gave to them and today they are running around and trying to jump out when i take the lid off.the duramycin came from tsc. they said it replaced terramycin, will let you know how it works out.i was loosing 1 or 2 everyday .sojono

Back
Top Bottom