Haileybailey

Hatching
Jan 31, 2019
hi i am getting quail hatching eggs soon and would like to find a great incubator but not expensive, what are ones you use and how good are they? how long do coturnix quail take to hatch? i am getting a mix of the diffrent colors. the eggs will come in march and i need to order the incubator soon. thanks-hailey

Last edited:
Hi Hailey! I love my Brinsea Octagon! I think everyone will agree that altho theyre pricey, theyre the way to go if you want to do small hatches with minimal work involved and getting the best results. They regulate temperature very well and some types do not. The styrofoam types can be effective but fan forced air is a big help vs still air, again for temp regulation. Im in Southern LA so what works for me may not work for you. My incubator holds my eggs temp nearly perfect at 100* and they hatched at noon on day 16 after being set at around 6 pm on day 0. The first day set doesnt count, thats not a typo, day 1 occurs after set day.

I think also most people will agree that no matter what type of incubator, its placement in your home is key. You need to have it in an area that the temp doesnt fluctuate a whole bunch. Near windows is really bad and tucked away in a closet that isnt used unless your checking your eggs is great. Wishing you tje best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom