Quail eggs

AnitaGoat

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
I started incubating on 3/18 and when I candled everyone was viable and growing. I should have had pips yesterday but I haven't had any.. did I do something wrong? Should I wait longer

I started incubating on 3/18 and when I candled everyone was viable and growing. I should have had pips yesterday but I haven't had any.. did I do something wrong? Should I wait longer
The first day of incubation doesn't count, day 1 is 24 hours after setting them in- so aren't they on day 16? You still have time. If you have no pips, you're safe to candle, but be very careful not to turn the eggs and put them back in as they were before.
Look for movement, shadowing, an internal pip, you may even hear chirps.

Also do you have a calibrated therometer? Or are you trusting the incubator's temp readings?
If the temperature has been on the cool side, the eggs may be slightly behind.

Also do you have a calibrated therometer? Or are you trusting the incubator's temp readings?
If the temperature has been on the cool side, the eggs may be slightly behind.
I've got 2 thermometers inside and the one that comes with the incubator they're all at 99.5-100.0 humidity is at 67% at this moment

The first day of incubation doesn't count, day 1 is 24 hours after setting them in- so aren't they on day 16? You still have time. If you have no pips, you're safe to candle, but be very careful not to turn the eggs and put them back in as they were before.
Look for movement, shadowing, an internal pip, you may even hear chirps.
I placed them in on 3/17 at 9 am and started counting on 3/18.. the count down on the incubator' said zero yesterday. I just candles one and no internal pip but I could hear tapping so I put them back.

I placed them in on 3/17 at 9 am and started counting on 3/18.. the count down on the incubator' said zero yesterday. I just candles one and no internal pip but I could hear tapping so I put them back.
Okay, in that case quickly candling is definitely the right course of action. I couldn't see internal pipping in my eggs either, but once you hear tapping you can assume they are through the membrane and working on an external pip-
Some chicks chirp, some are quieter, some just tap.
Hopefully you have some pips soon!!

Okay, in that case quickly candling is definitely the right course of action. I couldn't see internal pipping in my eggs either, but once you hear tapping you can assume they are through the membrane and working on an external pip-
Some chicks chirp, some are quieter, some just tap.
Hopefully you have some pips soon!!
Had 2 pip within the last hour. I had 10 viable eggs before lockdown so hoping I get a few more

Back
Top Bottom