Quail Incubation Questions

When they do hatch have a bucket and a second set of hands is also useful they jump out like fleas bouncing everywhere. I used to fill my rails 120 eggs hatch over 100 between them jumping and knocking the broken shells everywhere it was a fiasco.

When they do hatch have a bucket and a second set of hands is also useful they jump out like fleas bouncing everywhere. I used to fill my rails 120 eggs hatch over 100 between them jumping and knocking the broken shells everywhere it was a fiasco.

That's awesome! My plan is to get about 25 eggs if I do it. I'll definitely get someone else to help when I pull them out. 100 chicks sounds amazing though!

That's awesome! My plan is to get about 25 eggs if I do it. I'll definitely get someone else to help when I pull them out. 100 chicks sounds amazing though!
I use the old 4250 and have the new 4250 your hatch may not be to bad the new 4250 is deeper than the old one so it might keep them better contained than the old one which is alot shallower

Okay, another question! If I got eggs from two different breeders and they came a day or two apart is that okay? Is there a way to adjust for that?

Edit: Myshire actually has the other color I like! Nevermind. :)

There are too many pretty colors to choose from. Halfway debating to just get a "variety" pack if I do it. Loving their Tibetan, German pastel, and Italian colors (Pearl is nice too) but I'd have to get 25 of each variety and sadly 50-75 chicks would be too much for now. Hmmm.....

There are too many pretty colors to choose from. Halfway debating to just get a "variety" pack if I do it. Loving their Tibetan, German pastel, and Italian colors (Pearl is nice too) but I'd have to get 25 of each variety and sadly 50-75 chicks would be too much for now. Hmmm.....
If you get a variety pack and choose to hatch very different looking eggs (obviously laid by different hens) you will definitely get a mix of colors. I got Grau Fee, Charcoal, Falb Fee, Roux, Pharaoh, Silver, White (double silver) and I didn’t even hatch all the eggs I was shipped!

Back
Top Bottom