Quail not mating

Hi everyone! I have had a male quail for last 3 months. He was Big enough when I bought him. He has started crowing recently.He produces a lot of foam. And crows a lot, too. But the problem is that he doesnot mate with 4 females out of which only 2 lay eggs.. I have never seen him mating nor are the females bald from the neck. What may be the problem with the male quail. Mom told me that she has seen the male struggling with one of the layer females but he won't succeed in this.What should i do now. I really want to hatch some eggs.but the eggs are infertile as i have checked them.
(Sorry for my english not being good)
I don’t raise quail but maybe try and get a new male

I have layer feed that i give to my quail. Should i crush it and feed them?

No, chicks need starter food, with at least 24% protein.

Good gamebird starter should contain the following +/-:
Protein 26%
Fat content 7%
Crude fiber 2.50%
Crude ash 5.50%
Calcium 1.30%
Phosphorus 0.60%
Sodium 0.30%
Methionine 0.50%
Lysine 1.40%
Threonine 0.90%
Tryptophan 0.25%
Cystine 0.45%

No, chicks need starter food, with at least 24% protein.

Good gamebird starter should contain the following +/-:
Protein 26%
Fat content 7%
Crude fiber 2.50%
Crude ash 5.50%
Calcium 1.30%
Phosphorus 0.60%
Sodium 0.30%
Methionine 0.50%
Lysine 1.40%
Threonine 0.90%
Tryptophan 0.25%
Cystine 0.45%
What should i do now, i cannot get starter feed here🥺🥺

What should i do now, i cannot get starter feed here🥺🥺
I do think you might have thought about this while the eggs were incubating, but it now is what it is.

Crush the layer feed and add some boiled egg yolk for extra protein. Get some good starter feed as soon as you can. You can find some online at mazuri.com or amazon.

I just read through the whole thread. What an adventure! Good luck on the food situation. We live near a big poultry supply store and have never had to worry about that. How are the eggs that are due on the 23rd doing?

Back
Top Bottom