Quail skinned by coopers!

@Nabiki nothing keeps ours away, we have too many squirrels to count along with rats and songbirds, toads etc. He still goes for the quail and pigeons 🤷. And that's with mockingbirds, owls, big dogs, and a cat and noisy roosters to dissuade them😞

Honestly that looks really painful. I’d suggest putting it down to save the poor thing from being in pain.
no....chickens really are more resilient than we would believe... she can tell if the animal is in pain - it wont eat or drink. if the bird is moving around and trying to do normal things it will survive...

no....chickens really are more resilient than we would believe... she can tell if the animal is in pain - it wont eat or drink. if the bird is moving around and trying to do normal things it will survive...

Yes. We must not kill them if they have a chance.

1 - this is a quail.
2 - You can’t read its mind to know if it wants to live or not. Eating and drinking isn’t a sign of no pain. You eat and drink when you’re in pain right?

And lastly of course the OP can try to keep it alive if they want to. I’m just saying if it were my bird I’d put it down to save it some suffering. :D

Well one of my quail had it’s leg ripped off a while back. It didn’t last but a day or two on its own. Honestly I wish I had’ve enough put it down. The OP’s bird looks way worse than mine did, too. So yeah I still say put it down so that it won’t suffer.

Back
Top Bottom