Quail wanted for spring, MN

CARS

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Saint James/ Comfrey MN
I really don't like the idea of buying a minimum of 50 to 100 of the same breed quail just to see if i like raising them, processing them, eating them, etc. and I don't own an operating incubator to hatch a dozen or so eggs.

Is there anyone in the Southern MN area that hatches Jumbo Cournix and Texas A&M Quail that would part with a small assortment of chicks??

I am thinking around May would be a good time to start this venture.

If anyone can do this PM me and we'll chat. (BTW: how do you check PMs on this forum???)

Thanks, Chris

Edit: I just realized I should add my location to the title

Last edited:
to check PMs you go to the message link and click...or the the little chicken link!
wink.png

GPN

Quote:
I hate to sound like a @ss but please read carefully. Anyone in Southern MN area

I've been receiving pm's from all corners of the U.S.

I appreciate the thoughts but I would really like to drive to a breeder, meet them and the birds and get an idea of what I may get myself into.

We bought our 4 quail from "spookyevilone". She is in Mpls. We were at the Minnesota meet and grett at her house. We have 2 button, 1 pharoh quail, and 1 tuxedo quail. They are really cute. There about 5 - 7 weeks old.
sandyj

Alright. I think I have some good leads now. Thanks everyone for looking at the post.

I found out that my kid's high school teacher raises A&M's for science class and is willing to hatch some extras for me!!!!

And I joined spookyevilone's MN swap blog (still don't understand how to post or read posts on a blog though
hmm.png
). Hopefully I can meet some quail breeders through that.

BTW: I found the teacher through Craig's list. He was selling eggs and I started small talk about this weekends sale/swap in St. James and he had never heard of it. So I sent him the link from BYC. Hopefully he finds this site as useful as I do!!

I just saw this
smile.png
I have regular Coturnix, but I'm getting eggs through one of the swaps for Jumbos. Provided they hatch on time and I get females, they'll begin laying just in time for you to come take the eggs away and keep me from hatching more
tongue.png

I'm up in Columbia Heights, but I go down south all the time in the summer and would be happy to meet you or even deliver eggs or chicks.

-Spooky

Back
Top Bottom