quail with broken wing

bigbuddha09

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2014
nampa idaho
so i found a california quail on the side of the road must have been hit by a car with a broken wing, it is literally just drooping down got ripped open at the shoulder a bit and the broken bone is sticking out not sure what to do for him since im afraid a bone sticking out like that would get an infection. Any advice how i can treat him? he is still walking around will actually let me hold him just signs of pain.

I would say, with such a bad injury, it's probably unfortunately imperative to go see the vet if you want the quail to survive.

I've heard Idaho veterinary hospital is really good. Could you go there? If you can't afford to go to the vet, I would give him to a wildlife rescue, such as Idaho Wildlife Rescue, or another good one. Good luck, and tell me what you decide!
-Ameraucanas

Well i will try to see if there is someone tomorrow since christmas day everyones super busy. i wouldnt say he is going to die tonight he still walks around didnt lose a ton of blood i dont think, i have only contacted a falcon person recently may be able to find someone for quail too.

Back
Top Bottom