Quail's wings are shivering?

Ducksarecool42

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2020
I have two quail. I've only had them a few months. Over the past week or two, I've noticed that one of them flutters (shivers?) her wings a lot. I doubt she's cold because they're indoors and it's ~64 degrees F. Plus, I've never seen the other one do this. She hasn't always exhibited this behavior. She's still active and vocal. There are a lot of normal stools in the cage, however, occasionally they make liquidy stool. Is this a normal behavior or do I need to see a vet? Has anyone experienced this?

Can you post a video to Youtube and link it here? What kind of quail? How many do you have (just two)? How many males, how many females?
I'll post a video tomorrow. Just two Coturnix quail. I believe they are both female, but one could be an immature male. He/she hasn't laid any eggs, but I've never heard them crow or seen them mount the other. Both are of unknown age. The quail with the wing shiver is definitely female.

Can you post a video to Youtube and link it here? What kind of quail? How many do you have (just two)? How many males, how many females?

Excuse the quality. There's a barely perceptable, intermittent shiver throughout the video with a more obvious shudder toward the end. The quail in front is the one with the issue.

Taking this video, I realized her breathing looks a little labored? She's moving with each breath more than her friend.

I'll call a vet later.

Back
Top Bottom