Question about Brown Star vs Golden Star

PVILLAGO

Songster
Jan 14, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
After reading and reading and doing my research I decided on the ISA Brown and thought it was the Brown Star. The Hatchery said it is the Golden Star. OK so I go back and read and read and honestly don't know how to decide. The female is the only difference I can see? It says Brown Sex Links were developed in the 1950's by crossing a Rhode Island Red male with a silver factor White Rock for efficient brown egg production and ease of sexing. Gold Sex Links were developed in the 1950's by crossing a Rhode Island Red male with a Rhode Island White female for efficient brown egg production and ease of sexing. Do the Rhode Island Reds tolerate heat? I live in Texas.
Thanks in advance for your input.

After reading and reading and doing my research I decided on the ISA Brown and thought it was the Brown Star. The Hatchery said it is the Golden Star. OK so I go back and read and read and honestly don't know how to decide. The female is the only difference I can see? It says Brown Sex Links were developed in the 1950's by crossing a Rhode Island Red male with a silver factor White Rock for efficient brown egg production and ease of sexing. Gold Sex Links were developed in the 1950's by crossing a Rhode Island Red male with a Rhode Island White female for efficient brown egg production and ease of sexing. Do the Rhode Island Reds tolerate heat? I live in Texas.
Thanks in advance for your input.
I believe that all the breed mentioned are quite hardy. I know from personal history that golden comets are hardy....they are known as gold stars or sexlinks as well.

Back
Top Bottom