Question about google images

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Hey!
We recently downloaded google earth and got a neat satellite picture of our farm.
I used Paint to mark all the features on the farm and thought it would be neat to post here on BYC and see if others had satellite pics of their places as well.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't post it? I marked out the street number for safety reasons.

I'm assuming you're a cop, by your avatar... I would think you would know if there were any reasons not too.

I do some work with LEOs and seeing as how you've marked out the address, etc. I would think everything would be fine.

Would be just like taking a pic of your yard, I would think.

I'm not a LEO, my fiance is.
Yes I did mark out the road name for internet safety reasons, but I was thinking more along the lines of copyright infringement, that sort of thing.
I'm sorry I should have made myself clearer in my original post. I tend to overthink things at time.

That's so cool! I tried to do the same thing last summer but couldn't figure out how to bring it in like that so you could actually see our house. As long as the address is covered up I don't think there would be any problem with it. I for one would love to see it!

Quote:
k, cool. I'll get busy uploading it so I can post it. Thanks!
smile.png

Ok, I am still not very computer literate and have a dumb question.....this time no one will say there is no such thing as a dumb question, that's ok, I can take it!

How do I post a question? I have only figured out how to reply, since there is a big, giant button that says so. I toodled around, did a search, feel like an idiot, and finally decided to find a topic that was computer-related and "post a reply!!!" It is the best I can do.

But I really, really would like to ask some questions of the group in different topics, but am sadly clueless....help?

Don't tell anyone how clogged with chicken dust my brain is, and yes, my eyesight is failing......

Quote:
First off, find the category that is most suited to your question. For instance, if your wondering about incubating use the incubating and hatching category. Got a feed question, ask in the feeding and watering category and so on and so forth. Click on the category first.
Next look at the top your screen. On the right hand side you'll see a button that says 'post new topic' (looks just like the post a reply button).
Put a sentence describing your question or comment in the subject line and post your question or comment in the message box below.
Hope that helps.
smile.png

P.S. In case you just scrolled up to look that button won't be there if you are already on a thread (like this one), it's replaced by the post a reply button. It'll only be there from the category.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom