Question about ordering from Meyer

toyzbox

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Crestview, Fl
I'm getting ready to make my first order
ya.gif

Now the cite said the date or delivery is approximate.
So do they call you when they ship and "then" you call the PO to let them know????
idunno.gif

Usually once you order they'll give you a ship date. Unless they call and change it you should be able to assume it's that date. You can always call ahead of time and make sure it's still the same. The last batch I ordered got sent out on the truck w/ my mail person even though the box said "call for pick up." Morons! Luckily my mail carrier is wonderful and called my number that was on the box so I could get them from her since I wasn't home at the time. They were all happy and healthy, but hello people! Hope your order goes well for you!

Thanks Kelly. From all I have read here, waiting for your order is like waiting to breath. You can only do it for so long and then you start to freak out. I'm praying mine goes well.

Mine are supposed to ship from Meyer April 2oth so I'll go into the PO that day to warn them. Hopefully they will show up the 21st or 22nd. My PO folks are good though one gal is really weird and is scared to death of little things scurrying inside a box. Works for me since they have to put the box in a warm office if she's working that day or she won't come out into their big sorting area. She runs away when I show up to get hem.
roll.png

I always call the week of to the hatchery just to make sure they are on schedule and Cackle sends me an email the day they send them. I also call the PO the day they ship just to make sure they know where they are going. Some times hatcheries put labels on top of the name and phone numbers by mistake so the PO cant get a hold of you. Let them know if they hear a peeping from a box to call you!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Take heart, our babies will be going in the incubator as eggs next Monday! That's just seven days from now. I have the different stages of deveolpment marked on my calender too. I know it's weird, but it makes the wait go by a little faster.

Quote:
Take heart, our babies will be going in the incubator as eggs next Monday! That's just seven days from now. I have the different stages of deveolpment marked on my calender too. I know it's weird, but it makes the wait go by a little faster.

When I first hatched my chicks with a broody hen I made my own calender and crossed off the days.
lol.png
That also helped alot. I still have it somewhere hanging up to remind me that good things come to those who wait. I remember looking for info online and announcing to everyone: 'They're growing their toes today!' Or 'Their beaks or beginning to form tomorrow!' Good luck with your babies! Mother nature provides the greatest of rewards.

Back
Top Bottom